Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnection Fee - No Contract

Options
  • 14-11-2014 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I recently moved into a new apartment, where Airtricity were the suppliers for both gas and electricity. I rang them up to register my name for the account, and to set up direct debit. This went fine, but when my bill came, there was a €70 charge for "Disconnection Fee - No Contract". I am aware this is issued by ESB for having someone call out because there is no name on the account.

My issue is that this is clearly an error on Airtricity's part; my name is registered for the gas, and they took my direct debit details, so I am at a loss as to why I am getting this charge. The representative on the phone mentioned they were the supplier for both utilities, so I don't know why my name would only be registered for one.

I have been in contact with Airtricity about this, but was wondering whether anyone had any experience with this kind of thing. I am hoping to get the charge refunded, but since it is issued by ESB, will this be possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Get in touch with airtricity, start a complaint process, get a complaint number and get the energy regulator to investigate (tell airtricity exactly what you are going to do)!
    They will get it sorted sharpish!
    Had to deal with bord gais for a similar enough situation, once I started a complaint things moved pretty quickly and they waived the fee!
    Good luck!

Advertisement