Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Motorbike Kit at 70% cost

• 14-11-2014 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

HI,
    I'd like to kit someone out from head to toe with Motorbike Kit at 70% cost

Hopefully someone who commutes year round and would understand the need for Gortex Gloves (€130) and Gortex Boots (€250)...took me a few years to realise how much these add to the wet driving experience.

This Person would hopefully be from the Dublin Area and be able to meet in Cotters

If necessary, I can split the gear between a few lads, but hopefully someone will need all the gear.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

magnethead wrote: »
    HI,

Hopefully someone who commutes year round and would understand the need for Gortex Gloves (€130) and Gortex Boots (€250)...took me a few years to realise how much these add to the wet driving experience.

This Person would hopefully be from the Dublin Area and be able to meet in Cotters

If necessary, I can split the gear between a few lads, but hopefully someone will need all the gear.

Thanks

What exactly are you selling? Is it new or used?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

How does this work exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭magnethead

haha

sorry, I should have been more clear, we walk into a Shop and buy new gear,,whatever want....you give me 70% of the cost in cash and I buy the gear

All gear head to toe....Helmet, Boots Clothes..etc....come on now ;p

What do you get out of it?

M450 wrote: »
    What do you get out of it?

Either he has a voucher or he will get the receipt for the insurance claim would be my guess.

I thought it was 70% off The cost price so I will pass.

• Advertisement

Hi, Leppla hit the nail on the head.

If a new Biker is looking to get kitted out head to Toe, a 30% reduction in cost is a VERY nice deal! Think about the overall saving??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Looking at the OP's previous posts, there was an insurance claim thread so reckon its related to that. Cant see how it can tie in with a 70% discount for anybody?

Hi, Leppla hit the nail on the head.

If a new Biker is looking to get kitted out head to Toe, a 30% reduction in cost is a VERY nice deal! Think about the overall saving??

I agree it is a very good offer. Sounded very dodge at the start but now it's all out in the open it's a grand offer.
    Person meets you there gets what they want and know it's all genuine etc as its from cotters. And the other side is you get the cash there and then and both leave happy.

If you're doing it for the receipts will the date of sale not be an issue being after the date of the incident?...

Please read Leppla Posts, he seems to get it!! 30% reduction, NOT 70% ...

30% reduction = 70% cost price :) Jesus

M450, don't worry about the details, It's a straight forward transaction we do face to face...I thought it was a simple offer LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

interesting

Please read Leppla Posts, he seems to get it!! 30% reduction, NOT 70% ...

30% reduction = 70% cost price :) Jesus

M450, don't worry about the details, It's a straight forward transaction we do face to face...I thought it was a simple offer LOL
    Oh I get the offer and yes it's simple, just interested in the behind the scenes ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

HI,

Thanks

Is this limited to Cotters ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I wish I was nearer to Cotters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭ratracer

If i were you OP, I'd be making damn sure the insurance company is actually going to cover the full cost of the gear, before you generously discount someones new kit. They may not automatically pay for all of the gear, and may want an independent assement of yours. Also, if they do agree to perlace your gear, they are entitled to take away the old stuff, in the same way as they keep a written off bike. (Although this is rare, but be careful you don't get left out of pocket)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Are you from this country or South Africa.......just asking thats all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭ratracer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Are you from this country or South Africa.......just asking thats all?

Who are you referring to wonda boy?

ratracer wrote: »
    Who are you referring to wonda boy?

Original poster, hence the no quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

thelawman wrote: »
    interesting

Run OP, the law are interested :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Unless you had full Gortex gear before the crash you can't get it now, insurance is to return you to the condition you where in before not what you wanted to be in. If you had cheap gear before that's what they replace it with.

BTW making a spurious claim is fraud and increases my premium and everyone else's.

• Advertisement

@ratracer: Thanks for your Concern, I did already get it in writing/email, all gear covered :)

@Del2005: Yes My gear was Goretex, after using cheaper stuff before, It REALLY is worth the money when you commute large distance in the rain like I did for years!

@KTRIC: I can try to accomadate you if you intend to get all the gear...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Yes, yes.
    But what about this South African connection?
    I think we deserve an answer to that question.

P.C. wrote: »
    Yes, yes.
    But what about this South African connection?
    I think we deserve an answer to that question.

I think he is referring to the e-mails we often get into our spam folders about a distant relative who has died and left inheritance in your name. It is usually a south African bank account that they want to transfer you the money from. So its prob a south African behind the scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

leppla wrote: »
    I think he is referring to the e-mails we often get into our spam folders about a distant relative who has died and left inheritance in your name. It is usually a south African bank account that they want to transfer you the money from. So its prob a south African behind the scam.

I will take the gear so and I will transfer the monies into your bank account!
    Pm me your bank account details! :D

blade1 wrote: »
    I will take the gear so and I will transfer the monies into your bank account!
    Pm me your bank account details! :D

Bank = South African Bank of Jelly Beans
    Bank Address = 123 Fake Street
    Sort Code: 911
    Acc No: 123456789

Send me your address si I can ( Come and rob your bike ) I mean send you the gear :D:D

Come on Lads, I'm Irish and I'm not looking for account details, This is a straight forward face to face deal...
    Man, you guys are paranoid :)

Come on Lads, I'm Irish and I'm not looking for account details, This is a straight forward face to face deal...
    Man, you guys are paranoid :)
    #
    @ Magnethread I would take you up on the offer but my budget is well spent thousands ago. . . . Although I have been reading the "Justifying what you buy" thread and with all this mad rain and flooding I might just justify to myself if I think about it long enough:cool:

I will give you five blood diamonds and a poster of Mugabe for the discount......whaddayasay?????

THis is a geniune deal, I'm not gonna turn you into an African prince!

I'm off the bike for 10-15 years now (2 young kids under a year and a half) and I almost killed myself..enough of that

I can buy complete new set of gear to replace my own! BUT I don't need it ;p

I thought this would be snapped up, but it just seems to have attracted lot's of jokers??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

THis is a geniune deal, I'm not gonna turn you into an African prince!

I'm off the bike for 10-15 years now (2 young kids under a year and a half) and I almost killed myself..enough of that

I can buy complete new set of gear to replace my own! BUT I don't need it ;p

I thought this would be snapped up, but it just seems to have attracted lot's of jokers??

I'll drop you a PM ;)

Advertisement