Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Rogue

Options
  • 14-11-2014 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

Not sure if there is a thread already dedicated to this game so starting one myself (mods please merge if there is another).

Picked up a copy this morning and been playing for about an hour.

So, before I get into it, this game borrows heavily from black flag and assasins creed 3: settings, characters, game play etc. It takes all the best from both games and adds some new things.

I'm fine with that, Black Flag was a great game and I enjoyed every minute of it. AC III less so, I thought it was boring and tedious but it had the basis of what could have been a masterpiece.

So far so good apart from Shay's ridiculous accent...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Just ordered a copy myself, wont be home to play it till Monday so hopefully will have arrived by then

Since the story is said to be sort of a prequel to AC Unity (and ties up AC3 and ACBF) I've decided to get this one before I start into Unity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Looking good so far and enjoying it very much. Its nothing groundbreaking as I said before but its still a hoot. Not quite as much fun as Kenway in AC4 but not far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Ridley

The game itself is alright (though it's apparent that corners were cut). Some nice touches but the story is pretty poo.

There was more depth in Haytham Kenway's divided loyalties in III than Cormac's. I was hoping it would be more morally ambiguous rather than what, for me, felt like just flipping the Assassin and Templar roles for a game.
    "You're a monster." "Maybe I am diddly-ei."
    Unless I missed something, when was that?
    He leaves the Assassins because they're leveling cities to get to First Civilisation sites then run him off a cliff because he swipes the book to help find them when it turns out in the end that Achilles just didn't believe him in the first place or something
    ?

Thought Black Flag made the Assassins out to be a bit rubbish when they're not individual characters but Rogue has them doing dumb stuff to fit the plot.

Cormac's Templar coat is pretty badass though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ridley wrote: »

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Ridley

Cormac... wrote: »
    Thanks! :)

People who share usernames with game characters are the worst. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Ridley wrote: »
    The game itself is alright (though it's apparent that corners were cut). Some nice touches but the story is pretty poo.

There was more depth in Haytham Kenway's divided loyalties in III than Cormac's. I was hoping it would be more morally ambiguous rather than what, for me, felt like just flipping the Assassin and Templar roles for a game.
    "You're a monster." "Maybe I am diddly-ei."
    Unless I missed something, when was that?
    He leaves the Assassins because they're leveling cities to get to First Civilisation sites then run him off a cliff because he swipes the book to help find them when it turns out in the end that Achilles just didn't believe him in the first place or something
    ?

Thought Black Flag made the Assassins out to be a bit rubbish when they're not individual characters but Rogue has them doing dumb stuff to fit the plot.

After playing it for a while I have to agree - Shay is a bit of a dick and I'm not really caring for his cause. Its a lazy piece of work and although theres nothing really new in regards the gameplay, they could have at least come up with an engaging story line to bring the colonial series to an end.

Ubisoft have a lot to answer for with this game and the shambles that is Unity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'll give it a miss so. Looks like a copy and paste job from AC3 and Black flag

Happy enough with, was able to pick it up and get straight into it as not much new in it

Setting and characters from AC3 while boat and island elements from AC BF.
    And the ending sets up the start of AC U.

Enjoyed the story, just was a bit on the short side.

Moving onto Unity now

Advertisement