Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with bill

Options
  • 14-11-2014 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Can someone explain why I'm being charged 5.37 extra every month even thou I'm only supposed to pay 24€ for the first 6 months

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

alansilly wrote: »
    Can someone explain why I'm being charged 5.37 extra every month even thou I'm only supposed to pay 24€ for the first 6 months
    Hi alansilly

If you would like to PM me your account number I will look in to this, I may not be able to get back today so if you require a faster response please visit instant WebChat here: [font=Calibri","sans-serif]www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

Hi alansilly

I can confirm that your monthly package charge is indeed €24

In the eircom bundle area you will see a charge of €19.51

The total charge for the first bill was €47 as the package was charged in advance from 5/11 to 4/12 however service was active since the 13/10 and from the 13/10 to the 5/11 it cost €26.02 (it's called part period charge) however your old account was in credit by 28.44 which brought your bill to €29.37.

Part period occurs when service is provided before the commencement of the billing period and only happens on the first bill

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 32 alansilly

What old account? This is my first time with eircom. Where did the extra 5e charge come from when call during the day only amount to about 1e, will bill be 24e in January?

alansilly wrote: »
    What old account? This is my first time with eircom. Where did the extra 5e charge come from when call during the day only amount to about 1e, will bill be 24e in January?
    Hi alansilly

I intended 'previous bill' instead of 'old account' my error - apologies.

The package will only be €24 in December. On the third page of the bill you will see a squared off area called "eircom bundle" and at the bottom of this specific area it says "total cost of eircom bundle €19.51ex vat - €24 inc vat"

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement