Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Dublin this weekend- recommendations, hidden gems etc.

Options
  • 14-11-2014 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm in Dublin city this weekend (Sat and Sun), just looking for some recommendations please?
    I'm going to the World Photo Exhib in CQH & Xmas market in Stephen's Square, probably to Market bar for some food & a drink or two.
    • nice cafe, place for casual eat around North Side (close enough to Maryborough st).
    • any hidden gems/places most people not living in Dublin would know
    • nice markets for a browse
    • anything else
    Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Christmas market at Stephens Green just opened so you should put that on your list!

Have a look here later today and it should be updated for the weekend Dublin Event Guide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

jimmii wrote: »
    Christmas market at Stephens Green just opened so you should put that on your list!

Have a look here later today and it should be updated for the weekend Dublin Event Guide

Christmas Market is on the list already, or is it? :confused:

There's the Little Museum of Dublin on Stephen's Green, usually food and craft markets in Temple Bar, down at Crow Street, a bit further than the tourist travesties.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm in Dublin city this weekend (Sat and Sun), just looking for some recommendations please?
    I'm going to the World Photo Exhib in CQH & Xmas market in Stephen's Square, probably to Market bar for some food & a drink or two.
    • nice cafe, place for casual eat around North Side (close enough to Maryborough st).
    • any hidden gems/places most people not living in Dublin would know
    • nice markets for a browse
    • anything else
    Cheers,
    Pa.

Greyhound racing Shelbourne Park Saturday night.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Christmas Market is on the list already, or is it?

Well it sounds like it will be their only chance to go see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cheers for the replies so far.
    Will go to Xmas markets. maybe VCC and Odessa. Other places might try include Roasted Brown Filmbase, Pepper Pot Cafe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

If you want to keep it Northside, Capel St has some nice places to eat or drink at.

Aard wrote: »
    If you want to keep it Northside, Capel St has some nice places to eat or drink at.

And nice shops! (I have a shop there!)

Brother Hubbard is a great spot for lunch and Black Sheep does a great range of craft beers and the fried chicken is amazing!

Advertisement