Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PowerMax Complete- How to turn on entry delay beeps?s

Options
  • 14-11-2014 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

My landlord has just installed a PowerMax Complete. He got his usual handyman to install and I don't think either of them are exactly experts in home security.

When arming the system upon leaving, I get the usual beeps that let me know the system is definitely arming. However on coming back into the house, there is no sound until the external siren goes off. There is a PIR in the corner of the hall just above the front door, and no door contact on the front door.

I'm worried that without any sound on entry one of the housemates in a hurry or coming in after a night out will forget to disarm. I don't see anything in the manual on how to do this- do I need to go into installer mode on the control panel?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,

My landlord has just installed a PowerMax Complete. He got his usual handyman to install and I don't think either of them are exactly experts in home security.

When arming the system upon leaving, I get the usual beeps that let me know the system is definitely arming. However on coming back into the house, there is no sound until the external siren goes off. There is a PIR in the corner of the hall just above the front door, and no door contact on the front door.

I'm worried that without any sound on entry one of the housemates in a hurry or coming in after a night out will forget to disarm. I don't see anything in the manual on how to do this- do I need to go into installer mode on the control panel?

Any advice appreciated.

First off, the installer if receiving payment for the install and not registered to do so is breaking the law. Your land lord is in the same boat with regards using a non-registered installer.

By the sound of it the installer has not set up the system correctly.
    My advise to you is to get your landlord to get a registered installer to look over the install of this system and program and test the system correctly.

Advertisement