Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Limitations of buying a used iPhone 5?

• 14-11-2014 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Are there any? I lost my iPhone 5 last week and it doesn't look like their is any hope of retrieval...

Both argos and littlewoods are selling refurbished iPhone 5's for 375 euro and it looks like this is my best option for replacement as im still under contract with three and not due an upgrade...

Are there any limitations in buying a used iPhone in the sense of registering the device with Apple as my handset with the unique imei handset, or with using itunes off my own account? Can the handset be renamed to my name eg..james, sarah ect...

Also, I want to insure the phone this time as I didnt have the last one insured and am wondering if any insurance companies such as gadget insure will insure a used handset now owned by a new user or does the handset have to be brand new to be eligible for insurance?

Is there any other possible limitations on using applications or anything else either wen buying a used device?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

As long as they're refurbished and signed out of the previous owner's account you'll be grand. You can name it whatever you want and it's good as new.

Might be worth looking up Apple refurbished too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Zcott wrote: »
    As long as they're refurbished and signed out of the previous owner's account you'll be grand. You can name it whatever you want and it's good as new.

Might be worth looking up Apple refurbished too.

You can't buy refurbished iPhones in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

They are refurbished phones so they are like a new phone, only difference could be that might come in a white box with refurbished on it. At least that's how the refurbished ipod come when bought from the apple website.

BTW apple does not sell refurbished iphones on their website.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

guil wrote: »
    You can't buy refurbished iPhones in Ireland.

Not from Apple, but Littewoods and Argos have been selling refurb iPhone5 units lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yeah I meant from Apple. Forgot about Argos selling them and I was only recently telling someone about them selling refurbs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Pretty sure some of the Littlewoods discount codes work with them and you can get another 10% or 20% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    Pretty sure some of the Littlewoods discount codes work with them and you can get another 10% or 20% off.

Anyone actually know any littlewoods discount codes??

Advertisement