Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling with teenage son

• 14-11-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

My Son has just turned 16 and every year for the last 5 or 6 years we traveled to a premier league match but this year I wanna do something different as hes that bit older.

I am just wondering would anyone have any idea of a euro trip for an adult and a teenage son from a sight seeing type of thing and any tips on whats most cost effective.

Please
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mickmurphy18

i would have to say go to see barcelona in nou camp . the quality of players on show can be worth the price of a flight alone .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,573 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Are you still planning on football or something completely different?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Frank Boggins

Id actually maybe like to not do the football thing I was thinking rome for 2 days , Train to Naples and doing pompeii also

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jimosterberg

Id actually maybe like to not do the football thing I was thinking rome for 2 days , Train to Naples and doing pompeii also

That's a great trip. Did it a few years ago. Pompeii is brilliant and if he has an interest in history he'll love Rome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Venice for a couple of days then hop on the train (across the Alps) to Munich to see Bayern, then fly home.

Culture, football and beer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Or if he has an interest in cars or motorsports a trip to Stuttgart for the mercdes museum or Munich for the BMW museum would be good outings, plus both cities have good public transport and plenty of other things to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

My Son has just turned 16 and every year for the last 5 or 6 years we traveled to a premier league match but this year I wanna do something different as hes that bit older.

I am just wondering would anyone have any idea of a euro trip for an adult and a teenage son from a sight seeing type of thing and any tips on whats most cost effective.

Please

When you planning the trip for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

If you're cool with him drinking then go to Budapest then get a train to Krakow and/or Berlin. Those parts of Europe are much better than the typical tourist trap spots like Paris or Rome

Edit: if you do go to Italy though I'd agree with Venice, lovely city and people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,573 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Depends really what he's into: Munich would be an idea, also for the Olympic park and stadium (obviously not for a football match!) and you could combine it with antouer city, say Prague or Budapest.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement