Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre in Greystones

Options
  • 14-11-2014 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi

Im looking for help on why efibre is not available at my address. I live in an estate in greystones Wicklow  that  is efibre ready ,but when I enter my address into the system it says it’s not available. However I have checked about 5  neighbors  to both sides of me (including the one part of my semi attached house) and all seem to be able to get it.  No one seems to be able to tell me why this is . I understand that this is not a guaranteed service , but this makes no sense at all.

Please can you help ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 spicedgold

Hi

I spoke to a Eircom engineer working in the complex on Saturday and he confirmed that my line is efibre enabled ( He completed a line test)  . How can I get this to reflect on the systems so I can place an order for this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

spicedgold wrote: »
    Hi

I spoke to a Eircom engineer working in the complex on Saturday and he confirmed that my line is efibre enabled ( He completed a line test)  . How can I get this to reflect on the systems so I can place an order for this ?

Thanks
    Colin 
    Hi spicedgold

If you could PM me your landline number or specific address I'll look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

PM sent

Thanks

PM sent

Thanks
    Thanks for your PM spicedgold

I'm now awaiting clarification from our efibre support team and as soon as I have this I will get back to you right away.

Thanks
    Al

Hi
    Any update please.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Please can I get a reply to this Query 

Thanks

How long will it to to get a reply to this ?

Hi Alan 

Can you please get an update on this .

Thanks

Hi Alan 

Can you please get an update on this .

Thanks
    Hello spicedgold

Apologies for the delays, as you are not currently a customer of eircom it took a little longer to obtain the information you require.

Efibre operations have confirmed that your line is not qualifying and eircom will be unable to offer you efibre broadband. Your line is not conneted to the serving cabinet and I'm sorry to have to confirm that there is no way to spciifcally request a connection to it as eircom will not be able to accept infrastructural requests of this nature.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news spicegold

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for the reply even though I don't understand as this completely contradicts what the Eircom engineer  told me after doing a test himself.
    So are you also saying that if I order a new line this will also not be connected to the Efiber exchange ?

Thanks  

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply even though I don't understand as this completely contradicts what the Eircom engineer  told me after doing a test himself.
    So are you also saying that if I order a new line this will also not be connected to the Efiber exchange ?

Thanks  
    Yes spicedgold

A new line will not ensure efibre as the existing cable path is not connected the serving cabinet, a new line would still follow the existing cable path.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement