Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Recommendations - Similar to Fall Out 3

Options
  • 14-11-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I'm looking for recommendations from people of games similar to Fall Out 3 that I should consider trying?

Fall out 3 is my favourite game, I've spent hours and hours playing it and replaying it and can't get enough! (I've also played Fall Out Las Vegas which is good but not as good as 3.)

I have an XBOX One and a PS 3 so games available on either console.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Skyrim (Fallout with Swords)
    RAGE (15 hours of straight up great game, highly underrated IMHO, though I know some will correct me)
    Both of the above are published by Bethesda who did Fallout 3
    Far Cry 3 (more action packed than Fallout but still got some of the same RPG aspects)

Also, they are 3 games that the DLC is definitely worth while in each, adding enough extra gameplay to warrant the cost

• Depends on what aspect of the gameplay you enjoy most. The below all have similar themes - World Ending / Catastrophic Event etc..

It sounds like you like the open world aspect of Fallout so I have them marked in brackets for you.

Stalker Series (Non-Linear / Open World)
    Borderlands Series (Non-Linear / Open World)
    Metro Series (Linear)
    Bioschock 1 (Linear)
    Rage (Linear)
    Skyrim (Non-Linear / Open World)
    Wasteland 2 (Non-Linear / Open World / Point and Click)
    Dead Island (Non-Linear / Open World)
    Oblivion (Non-Linear / Open World)
    Far Cry 3 (Non-Linear / Open World)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Give dragons dogma a go, it has a fantasy setting so no guns or any thing but you have a massive world to explore and its soooo much fun to play.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Stalker Series (Non-Linear / Open World)

True, if you enjoyed all the BAD aspects of Fallout 3 (and yes there were some before the fanboys call for me to be drawn and quartered) you'll LOVE Stalker.

Remember that 1st time you stumbled upon a Mutant and felt like you were using a gun shooting cotton wool?

We'll imagine that.... but from the 1st minute, nothing will die :pac:

The rest of what Mick said is valued though and well broken down, I guess it hinges on what aspects Fallout 3 you liked most

Disclaimer: The original Stalker did not grab me and I could not in good conscious recommend it as I did not find it fun. It has it's fans that love it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Out of all the ones mentioned so far that I've played Rage and Borderlands games are closest to Fallout 3 , rage more so but I still have not forgiven them for how that game ended.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

calex71 wrote: »
    Out of all the ones mentioned so far that I've played Rage and Borderlands games are closest to Fallout 3 , rage more so but I still have not forgiven them for how that game ended.

Its ends so abruptly, really disappointed with it,loved it otherwise.

calex71 wrote: »
    I still have not forgiven them for how that game ended.
    Its ends so abruptly,

*pulls the plug out from the wall*
    "Right that's enough video gaming you two, off to bed with you both"

I get the feeling someone went "**** this, we need you guys on Doom", hence why there was never any DLC until recently, there was obviously areas set up where the DLC would be, but it never came

They only released the fecking mod tools in the last year and they require 35 gigs lol :D.

• They only released the fecking mod tools in the last year and they require 35 gigs lol :D.

Is there any mods yet? To note: I actually enjoyed the scorchers dlc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I am assuming you have played fallout new vegas ?:D

• Advertisement

Personally for the 15 hours worth of content, I consider RAGE to be one of the most complete experiences of the last gen (ending aside), it was just so well balanced, the weaponry was fun, the levels were interesting and it just "worked". You'd probably pick it up for **** all and you'll actually finish it. You may never finish Skyrim, it can be a 200+ hour playthorugh. Thats just my 2 cents
    I am assuming you have played fallout new vegas ?:D

He said so in the OP

Cormac... wrote: »
    Personally for the 15 hours worth of content, I consider RAGE to be one of the most complete experiences of the last ten (ending aside), it was just so well balanced, the weaponry was fun, the levels were interesting and it just "worked". You'd probably pick it up for **** all and you'll actually finish it. You may never finish Skyrim, it can be a 200+ hour playthorugh. Thats just my 2 cents

He said so in the OP
    the city of the dead was an intense experience and very enjoyable :D

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Is there any mods yet? To note: I actually enjoyed the scorchers dlc

I haven't actually checked but apparently there very hard tools to use unless your a programmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Cormac... wrote: »
    Personally for the 15 hours worth of content, I consider RAGE to be one of the most complete experiences of the last ten (ending aside), it was just so well balanced, the weaponry was fun, the levels were interesting and it just "worked". You'd probably pick it up for **** all and you'll actually finish it. You may never finish Skyrim, it can be a 200+ hour playthorugh. Thats just my 2 cents

He said so in the OP

**** did not see that :P

Advertisement