Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Recommendation

Options
  • 14-11-2014 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

hi to the Dublin crew..
    Going out with my wife and her family sat week for dinner and considering the Pigs ear - any thoughts on it or alternatives close by?
    All suggestions welcome, doesnt have to be over formal!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Dived into the Woolen Mills for brunch on Sunday last. Initially the soup and a sambo advertised on window caught our attention however it turned out that it was only mon-fri, which was a bit of a bummer and I almost left in disgust there and then.

However starvation won out and we sat down in the fairly busy room and ordered the pork shoulder sambo each - it was called something uber posh but sodded if I can remember what...

Not cheap at €12 a pop but pretty delicious. In fact I'm gonna be a bit wankery and call it unctuous. Very damn nice indeed and accompanied by some great baked beans - if I'm being picky/piggy I could've done with a few more of the beans. Add a cup of coffee and brunch for 2 was €30 which is a wee bit pricey but really the food was good.

I'm tempted to check out the Winding Stair for brunch too (I think they are owned by the same people?) Anyone been?

• Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Dr. Lollington

sallymomo wrote: »
    hi to the Dublin crew..
    Going out with my wife and her family sat week for dinner and considering the Pigs ear - any thoughts on it or alternatives close by?

Thanks

I haven't been there myself but my partner has been a few times and praises it. We've been meaning to go actually.

The Trocadero is one of my favourite restaurants with something to please everyone and amazing service. It's nearby. It has a very old New York goodfella's kind of feel to it. I love it.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from F&D.

@OP - As per the sticky in F&D, if you want a recommendation in a particular locality - please use the relevant Region forum.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

sallymomo wrote: »
    hi to the Dublin crew..
    Thanks

I went to the Pigs Ear for lunch a few months back and thought the food was fab. I wouldn't mind going back there for dinner at some stage. As to restaurants close by there is Dunne and Crescenzi (Italian) on Frederick street, One Pico on Molesworth place is lovely too, probably a bit pricier than the Pigs Ear but food is lovely. If you fancy steak there is Marco Pierres on Dawson street, I've only been there once and thought it was nice.
    There are so many restaurants too chose from in Dublin, it really depends on what kind of food you want.

Advertisement