Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fix car window motor

• 14-11-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I suppose this is a slightly how long is a piece of string type question but I said I'd ask anyway :)

I've just realised that one of the passenger rear window's is not moving when the buttons are pressed. The motor make a noise but no movement.

I drive a 08 Skoda Octavia. Tbh this time of year I have other things to spend my money on. So rather that ring the garage and Face the redfacedness of saying 'right so I'll leave that for a bit' I said I'd ask the knowledgable motor gurus on boards if they would have a rough ball park figure on cost.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Your window regulator has gone, usually about 60 to do it yourself.
    Not sure about a garage, maybe €100?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Thanks for that YbFocus. About what I thought myself. I reckon it might wait til summer service so :) it's going for a service next week and I reckon at least 2/3 tyres are needed so that service will be costly enough.

The only thing that can happen is the window could drop down into the door. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

YbFocus wrote: »
    The only thing that can happen is the window could drop down into the door. .

Oh crap. I'll mention to garage so. Looks like Santa's bringing me a new window motor thingy for Christmas !

Thanks

Lisha wrote: »
    Oh crap. I'll mention to garage so. Looks like Santa's bringing me a new window motor thingy for Christmas !

Thanks

No problem :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I've fixed a few with the repair kits that you get on ebay. 15 to 20 quid for all the cables and clips etc that will refurbish the regulator.
    Having said that, it's pretty fiddly and it likely wouldn't pay to have a garage go rebuilding one as it might cost more that buying a new one but if you were handy, it can be a cheap fix.

Advertisement