Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone moving from Germany to Ireland???

Options
  • 14-11-2014 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am moving to Germany in late December and trying to organize logistics of moving my furniture there, as I have a dog (with all her paperwork and vaccinations sorted) we are planning to drive.
    The cost of renting a van could be shared with someone who is planning a reverse trip in December (moving from Germany to Ireland).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 retropessir

Ah too bad your doing it this year. My husband and I are looking for the exact same arrangement (We're moving from Germany to Ireland though) in Spring 2016.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are guys going all the time from Ireland/England to places like Latvia/Lithuania/Poland. they all go through Germany. Might be worth getting in touch with oen of them. They tend not to have the huge vans, usually something like this so you might need a couple of them.

I know the price from Ireland to Latvia is €1.50 per kg up to 50kg and €1 per kilo after that, but they would probably do a price on a full van.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anntk

thanks for that @spurious - I've got a dog coming on the journey too, so we need the option as a self drive (she can't fly as she is one of those breeds airlines won't take as she has a squished nose)

Advertisement