Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels for The Script

Options
  • 14-11-2014 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi lads,

Wondering can anyone offer some decent advice. Managed to get tickets for The Script last week, so myself and herself are heading up in June.

First time staying in Dublin, and the hotels are an absolute rip off! Reserved a hotel for €225 but I am very eager to cancel it. Anyone have any experience of reasonable hotels for Croke Park concerts?

Cos of the weekend that's in it, every hotel I've looked at is well over the €200 mark, and I really don't want to spend that much as the 2 tickets were already €150.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

onthebhoys wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Wondering can anyone offer some decent advice. Managed to get tickets for The Script last week, so myself and herself are heading up in June.

First time staying in Dublin, and the hotels are an absolute rip off! Reserved a hotel for €225 but I am very eager to cancel it. Anyone have any experience of reasonable hotels for Croke Park concerts?

Cos of the weekend that's in it, every hotel I've looked at is well over the €200 mark, and I really don't want to spend that much as the 2 tickets were already €150.

The hotels are a disgrace. I struggled the weekend of the web summit to get a reasonably priced room anywhere around dublin.
    You could try airbnb.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 onthebhoys

I can get one for 170, but they need advance payment. I'm reluctant to do this as theres no cancellation, no refund.
    Disgraceful that they can get away with it!

onthebhoys wrote: »
    I can get one for 170, but they need advance payment. I'm reluctant to do this as theres no cancellation, no refund.
    Disgraceful that they can get away with it!

No point booking so early anyway. They are all chancing their arm. The ones abit away from croke park will drop back to normal coming up to gig when they haven't sold many rooms. I've seen it many times with all ireland final. I've often left it till after all ireland match before looking for a room for that night and got them cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Book a bit further out (CityWest, Bewleys at Newlands Cross etc etc) and get the LUAS into town. Or go north towards the airport/Swords and get one of the airport buses into town/Drumcondra. Hotels in or near the city centre always jack up their rates when a big concert is announced. You are going to have your work cut out for you trying to find a deal on a city centre hotel when a big gig is on.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Book a bit further out (CityWest, Bewleys at Newlands Cross etc etc) and get the LUAS into town. Or go north towards the airport/Swords and get one of the airport buses into town/Drumcondra. Hotels in or near the city centre always jack up their rates when a big concert is announced. You are going to have your work cut out for you trying to find a deal on a city centre hotel when a big gig is on.

They all have the rates up something silly.
    I had a quick look. Bewleys out in leopards town, green Isle in Newlands cross etc all asking silly money. They will come down though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Carlton in Blanchardstown (Tyrellstown) might have a good deal? The 40D goes from right outside the hotel to Parnell Sq (Down Whitworth Rd and Dorset St too).

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Fleetwood Mac sold out the Three arena today, gig is the same night. Prices will be high, keep what you have and keep looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

Try the Marine Hotel Sutton. There is DART service right into city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I'm in the same situation,some hotels are ridiculous prices.im guna give Supervalu getaway breaks a try

• Registered Users Posts: 12 onthebhoys

Cheers for the replies guys.

Made a reservation in the Dublin City Inn on Talbot St. For the tenner deposit I can cancel up until 4.p.m on the day so if I find something more reasonable I might take it.

Prices all over are outrageous though. What's more sickening is that they can afford to set such lavish prices, as people will just give in and pay like I know I will have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Soarer

I don't like bumping old threads, but I don't see the point in starting a new one on the same topic.

Hoping to head up from Cork to the concert, and hotel prices are still saucy. Is it madness to book something by the airport and get a taxi in? And if you gave a little stroll afterwards, would you get something handy enough heading back out again?

Really don't want to drive up and down on the same day, but will if I'm gonna be fleeced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Use Hailo for after the concert, you'll get something.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Soarer wrote: »
    I don't like bumping old threads, but I don't see the point in starting a new one on the same topic.

Hoping to head up from Cork to the concert, and hotel prices are still saucy. Is it madness to book something by the airport and get a taxi in? And if you gave a little stroll afterwards, would you get something handy enough heading back out again?

Really don't want to drive up and down on the same day, but will if I'm gonna be fleeced.

Air coach back to Cork? Book In advance

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Travelodge Airport North (Swords)

Just checked their website for two adults checking in on the 20th june 120/night.
    Plenty of buses from the door to (almost) the gate of croke park.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Redkilkenny

Try AirBnB - had some great experiences:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Soarer

Back again guys looking for opinions on where to sit.

Have three options available:
    Davin Stand Premium, Block 520
    Hogan Stand Lower, Block 330.
    Cusack Stand Lower, Block 302.

Obviously the Davin would have us looking straight at the stage, but would we be miles away and end up just watching them on the big screens?
    Would our backs be broken from being sitting at an angle in the Cusack?
    Would the Hogan be the best compromise?

Thanks in advance guys.

Advertisement