Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE.com's The 100 best matches to see before you die

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

DM_7 wrote: »
    Bryan v Ziggler was no 2 on WWE list of best matches in 2010 behind HBK v Taker so I am not surprised to see it on this list.

of all of Bryan's matches, I thought his match against Punk at Over The Limit '12 would defintely be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The 2 singles matches that he had with CM Punk in 2012 were brilliant, if my memory is correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Ageyev wrote: »
    The earliest WWF match is 1987. There is comparatively little pre-Hogan era stuff on the Network. Lots of Hogan's matches weren't all that good, likewise for Cena. Standards for what makes a match "must-see" changes over time anyway.

There are only 7 NWA title matches on the list...

Didn’t look at former NWA/WCW champs to be honest, but several champions that came after Hogan didn’t make it – Nash, Yoko, Sid, JBL, Miz, Del Rio – none except the latter could be called great wrestlers but the list isn’t really about that, just found it interesting that so many could not manage an inclusion between them, in the eyes of whoever did up the list (Would it be Joey Styles and his team or some input from higher up I wonder)

Personally, I’ve always classed Sid/HBK at Survivor Series ’96 as one of my favourite matches. I always liked Sid, despite his limited in ring abilities, and always hated him getting screwed out of a title push when he was Sid Justice in the early 90’s. And loved the pop Sid got as the heel winning the belt from that NY crowd, it’s never mentioned when people talk about that era of fans cheering for the NWO or heel Austin.

Also would have included Bret/Bam Bam from KOTR ’93 or Savage/DiBiase WM5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Don't you mean WrestleMania IV? ;) Ha ha, sorry. Bret Hart vs. Bam Bam Bigelow was a great match. They actually did that match in The Point as well that year. It is years since I saw it, but for some reason I remember Kevin Nash vs. Bret Hart from Survivor Series 1995 as being a pretty good match back in the day? Also, in Bret Hart's book he mentions that Sid seemingly never wanted to be champion and that he couldn't wait to get the title off of him and to someone else. I could be remembering it incorrectly, but I think maybe Bret was saying how frustrating it was to lose it to someone who didn't want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I've read that book four times and have no recollection of that :-!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Agree with Sid vs HBK. I like that match. Haven't rewatched it in ages though. The crowd were very anti-Michaels, Sid hadn't actually done anything that turned him heel until he powerbombed Jose's son through a table on Raw which I think was before the Rumble.

Sid used to fake or exagerate injuries around Spring to get time off to coach softball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Surprised not to see Kane vs The Undertaker at WrestleMania14 on there

Advertisement