Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT masters degree

• 14-11-2014 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

I'm currently 4th year student of Technology Management in business.This course includes half business modules and IT modules. Now as Im nearly half through last year of my level 8 degree. Im looking for masters course where I can enhance my skills further. However I cannot decide which field to choose. I was thinking of studying more of technology aspects , because it interests me more and i think there is better future in IT. however I'm not really sure that I have gained enough IT skills over past 4 years .

Below are my course modules completed and to be complete

Intro to computers
    Marketing
    Software Engineering
    Software Applications in Business,
    HTML & Web Design
    Business Entrepreneurship,
    Human Resource Management
    Quantitative Methods,
    Multimedia,
    Computer Architecture
    Intro to Programming
    Financial Accounting 1
    Managerial Foundations of Information Systems Databases,
    Taxation
    Data Communications
    Project
    Organizational Behavior
    Operations Management
    Intro to SAP certification
    Business and Network Security
    Change management
    Business process engineering
    Strategic management
    Business Data Analysis
    Project
    Change management
    IT project management

I have looked at many masters courses in Trinity , DCU etc, however most of them have courses with modules that I have already done.

Please advise for what you think its the best, and what I should opt for? What postgraduate course would suit what i have done before?

Or maybe I should come back after I gain more experience? But im afraid of fact that it may be too hard to study after few years.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

I would advise to follow your own suggestion and look back once you get some experience in the "real world".

You'll get a better perspective how different IT areas work together, and also, an idea of what you might like to do in the future.

Advertisement