Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese RPG forum is closing

Options
  • 14-11-2014 7:26pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Got some bad news for the few posters we have here. The JRPG forum is closing, there wasn't much we could do about it to keep it open. Anyway I'll move the JRPG discussion thread to the main games forum, hopefully it will be our new home. There's too much talk over there of soulless triple A games and not enough moe!

Thanks to everyone who contributed and putting up with my FFVII whining and a big thanks to Sephiroth_dude for co modding, hopefully we can find another mod position for you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

One of the few forums I follow :(

Have to admit this is pretty disappointing!

We archiving threads or anything? some gems on here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any threads you want saved let me know by PM or post on this thread and I'll move them to games tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Can I keep my "FF7 by a non gamer" thread?

Its pretty selfish but I invested a lot in that one and enjoy re-reading it every once in a while :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Shame to see the forum go :(

Why aren't all of the threads being moved over to the games forum? Surely they'd just slip into the background as their last modified date is a lot behind the other threads?

Anyway, I gather the general discussion and what are you playing threads will come over. They'd be the two I'd like to see kept.

• Advertisement

Well if you'd like the job of sending each thread one by one to the games forum then I'll look into giving you temporary mod status :P

If there's anything really important that you want archived that you forgot about it's still stored on the boards servers so if you are desperate then ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'll ask the powers that be can we mass-dump the contents of this forum over, so we can save it all. Leave it with me for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Goodnight sweet Prince.
    Always sad when a sub-forum closes
    Sunrise, Sunset :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sad to see it go alright :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Ha, the one time I was going to post something there rather than just lurking :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

Sad and a bit short sighted imho. The popularity of genres goes by cycles. Prior to SFIV fighting games were not very popular in the PS2/XBOX/GameCube era but now there's tons of them and an active forum on boards to meet the demand. Eventually JRPGS will become popular again and a forum would be needed for them. I personally think it would have made more sense to just leave the forum the exist it was but what's been decided has been decided I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The forum is still there (just inactive). If the need arises, it can be revived.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

animaX wrote: »
    Ha, the one time I was going to post something there rather than just lurking :rolleyes:

The chat thread was saved so post away in that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Mr E wrote: »
    The forum is still there (just inactive). If the need arises, it can be revived.

"And when the day comes, the miller's son that's to be born with six fingers on each hand will blow his trumpet, and the desktops will whir and whine, and the boardsies awake and plug in their keyboards, and go forth to post"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

JRPGs are dead anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,844 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

JRPGs died the moment the characters decided to open their mouths :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Once had a numpty suggest they remake the Mother series with voicework and other bells. I forewent the palm and near-faceplanted on the coffee table.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Shame, and just as I'm downloading Trails in the Sky (currently €9.99 on the PSN store).

Shame, and just as I'm downloading Trails in the Sky (currently €9.99 on the PSN store).

Fantastic game!

Advertisement