Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling harassed by mod- ban appeal

Options
  • 14-11-2014 7:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭

I've never come across anything like this before. Every thing I post gets jumped on by this mod ever since we had a disagreement in one thread (they were not acting as mod in this).

This was the very first post in this thread and it was accurate and reasonable. No warning, just a ban for reasons that elude me. I want to appea.

Moderator Note

Beaner1- I've given you the benefit of the doubt several times- the only conclusion I can come to is that you're trolling. I am not prepared to put up with this any longer. You have ignored my previous warnings- so this time its a ban.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beaner1 View Post
    He has a right to say no which means you have a right to end a fixed term lease without penalty.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Conductor responded in a PM
    Beaner1 - you most certainly did not post accurate information. You've been winding people up for quite some time- and posting seriously misleading information. I've asked you before about justifying your information- which you've ignored.

Your current advice that the OP can vacate their fixed term lease if the landlord refuses to allow the tenant take additional people in (as licencees) is factually inaccurate. If the tenant had asked to reassign the lease- and the landlord refused- then, yes, they would have just cause under the act to vacate the lease. This is *not* the case.

This shows that htey are wrong. They banned me for actually arguing something that is true. My post was respectful and reasonable.

This is the actually heading of the relevant act.
    Tenant may terminate where consent to assignment or subletting withheld.

(2) If a landlord of a dwelling refuses his or her consent to an assignment or sub-letting of the tenancy concerned by the tenant, the tenant may serve a notice of termination in respect of the tenancy and terminate it accordingly.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2004/en/act/pub/0027/sec0186.html#sec186

Waiting 2 days for a reply now.

This was in the accomodation and property forum. The bank was by The_Conductor.
    This is the thread. My post was removed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057326934

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

We are not all around every weekend, sometimes real life has a nasty way of getting in the way of boards.
    Plan to be back tomorrow and will look into this then for you unless Scofflaw has stepped in first.

Please confirm you have tried to resolve this with the mod in question over PM?
    If so please send those onto me to review.

Taltos wrote: »
    We are not all around every weekend, sometimes real life has a nasty way of getting in the way of boards.
    Plan to be back tomorrow and will look into this then for you unless Scofflaw has stepped in first.

Please confirm you have tried to resolve this with the mod in question over PM?
    If so please send those onto me to review.

Fair enough. Do you want me to post PMs here or forward them to your inbox? The mod is washing his hands and said woudn't reply any more till he was asked to comment here.

• Advertisement

Just fire them over to me over PM.
    And the mod is correct, unless invited by either a CatMod or an Admin mods are asked not to post here.

Anyway, let me take a look at the PMs and the thread in question above and I'll get back to you.

Got them thanks.
    As the mod references your general posting style the review may take a little longer but bear with us and we'll try to get through it as painlessly as possible.

Taltos wrote: »
    Got them thanks.
    As the mod references your general posting style the review may take a little longer but bear with us and we'll try to get through it as painlessly as possible.

I was banned for this exact comment. First time posting in this thread or I believe in a few days on that forum. Stumps me what the tone issue is.
    he has a right to say no which means you have a right to end a fixed term lease without penalty.

OK Beaner1

I have reviewed the thread in question where the key driver was around notifying a landlord of a guest.
    Do you really think that your response of
    He has a right to say no which means you have a right to end a fixed term lease without penalty.
    is in anyway constructive?
    I'm not trying to be flippant here but do you really think that effectively holding a gun to a landlords head in regards to a disagreement on a visitor is an appropriate suggestion?

If you were a newbie in the forum I would cut you some slack here. But only two days earlier another mod (not the one you think is persecuting you) gave you a similar last chance warning, indicating that a ban was imminent if you didn't change your posting style. That thread was the rent increase one - The dreaded letter I was expecting arrived!

That same mod only last month gave you another on-thread warning for being uncivil (crass) in Renting a room "problem". And your response to this warning was to challenge it on thread, earning you a yellow card.

Including the ban you earned at the same time that's five mod actions in one month (that I've come across with a quick review).

This doesn't include the myriad of other posts I have come across where I have to wonder if you are genuinely trying to help some of the folk on the forum or if you are just trying to cause them more strife in the long run. For example the thread where someone asked if they were obliged to inform the landlord of a dog - "tell them nothing" is yet another unconstructive post, and I believe the fear of the mods is that if folk follow your advice they will get themselves into a world of pain, not only with their current landlord but their next as well when they inevitably look for references.

However, from many other posts it really does seem like you are actually trying to help, so these posts above confuse me, I don't get how someone can be helpful on one hand but in the space of a thread or two go to the other extreme. So my advice is this, take some time out and when you rejoin the forum, don't just hit the post button, but consider if your advice could be considered trolling as some of the current mods refer to it, or as I prefer, if your advice is really constructive in the long-term for the OP, i.e. could following your advice get them into a world of pain later on....

You are free to challenge this if you wish, just let us know if you want an Admin review or if not we'll just go ahead and close this.
    Again apologies for not getting to this sooner, but real life hit at the weekend.

Thanks for having a look. My issue is this really. The original post asked the following.
    For example, if my wife and I are renting an apartment and want to save some money by having someone move in with us.

The person is talking about subletting or adding a person to the lease. My response was in the grand scheme of things pretty reasonable. Some might disagree but I think I showed evidence that it was an acceptable response.

I would like to challenge this as I feel I'm in the right.

• Advertisement

OK will ask the Admin team to have a look.

As before though my final word on this before sending it over is please look to how you post, I have no doubt that unless you change how you interact on that forum this will not be the last ban you'll receive from the team there. Just my opinion on reviewing your input over the last month, but one I do hope you'll listen to.

Admin team - please review.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's been far too long, I'll nudge the admins on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I had to review your posting style to get an understanding of whether or not you're trolling deliberately and looking at your short time here, and your large record of infractions and bans (by different mods), I've come to an easy conclusion. Also considering you've been sitebanned temporarily, and are currently sitebanned, for racking up such a large amount of bans/warnings in your short history.

So I agree with Taltos, your ban won't be overturned.

As a general warning, if you continue to cause work for the unpaid volunteer mods on this website, I'll remove your access permanently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement