Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale price - refund

Options
  • 14-11-2014 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I bought a dress recently but don't like the fit on. I still have the receipt and was going to return it. However, the dress has now been reduced to half price! :-( Will I only be entitled to it's current sale price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I bought a dress recently but don't like the fit on. I still have the receipt and was going to return it. However, the dress has now been reduced to half price! :-( Will I only be entitled to it's current sale price?

Generally for returns youte not entitled to one for change of mind/item is too big. It's offered as good will.
    However I've returned stuff to places when there's been a sale on, they refund me the item and I then go and buy it in the sale. But they don't have to. Chances are they will though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

When it's a change of mind, the shop doesn't have to do anything. You could be offered a full refund, refund at the sale price, or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

dudara wrote: »
    When it's a change of mind, the shop doesn't have to do anything. You could be offered a full refund, refund at the sale price, or nothing.

But if it doesn't fit properly, are they not entitled to do anything???

No, no entitlement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Most shops will allow returns but did you not fit it on first

• Advertisement

Ok thanks everyone. Next time if I'm unsure I just definitely won't buy it! :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

OP most shops will refund at full price. Eg Zara, H&M etc. It is only an issue when something is half price and you lost the receipt when you paid full price

Thanks, I will try anyway. Regardless, I am unlikely to wear it so half price is better than nothing! Thanks again everyone. Something to bear in mind for future purchases!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

It actually depends on the stores returns policy, often printed on the back of the receipt.

tenifan wrote: »
    It actually depends on the stores returns policy, often printed on the back of the receipt.

Thanks, will go & have a look now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

But if it doesn't fit properly, are they not entitled to do anything???

the shop will have expected you to avail of their fitting rooms prior to purchase to confirm the fit so no they have no obligation to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Nearly every multinational clothing store in Ireland give full refunds with no issues. They dont have to, but do it out of goodwill. I personally wont stop in a store that has ****ty return policies. The only shop that I know that is awkward with returns is Office,as they only give credit notes. Zara, H&M both give full refunds.

Advertisement