Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For Info on Best brand of Tripod to get?

• 14-11-2014 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭

Hi lst thread i saw on this was over 4 yrs old. I Just want to know What is the Best brand of tripod to get.
    it has to be Height adjustable & swivel 180 degress.
    it has to be good quality as well.
    It is for a Present
    Easier ask here cause wont be conned out of it in a Camera Shop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Hi lst thread i saw on this was over 4 yrs old. I Just want to know What is the Best brand of tripod to get.
    it has to be Height adjustable & swivel 180 degress.
    it has to be good quality as well.
    It is for a Present
    Easier ask here cause wont be conned out of it in a Camera Shop.

Hey, what's your price range? Are you looking for a travel tripod or does weight matter? Is it for photography or filmography?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Hey, what's your price range? Are you looking for a travel tripod or does weight matter? Is it for photography or filmography?
    It is for photography. Price range doesnt matter.If it is good it will hardly be cheap.
    weight matters a small bit. not that much though.

Standard type would suit perfect

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Tripod-Buying-Guide-/10000000177629120/g.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

It is for photography. Price range doesnt matter.If it is good it will hardly be cheap.
    weight matters a small bit. not that much though.

Standard type would suit perfect

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Tripod-Buying-Guide-/10000000177629120/g.html

You can get some nice travel tripods around the 60-70 mark (ex delivery).

I have two of of these and think they are fantastic. I wouldn't trust it on a breezy day though and I don't extend it as the last section of the legs are somewhat flimsy.

If money is not an option, then something like this might be an option. It's a fantastic tripod (saving for one myself).

There are many many tripods out there, but I believe Manfrotto are quite popular. I prefer the latch type mechanisms as they are easier to operate in my opinion. The twisty legs are a pain in the ass. 3 part legs tend to be sturdier than 4 part legs, but 4 part legs tend to be smaller tripods making them ideal for travel.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Judge

Price range doesnt matter.

Legs: Gitzo Mountaineer

Head: Arca Swiss Monoball p0

Plate: Really Right Stuff

Should come to around €1,500 - €1,700 plus customs charges for the Really Right Stuff plate. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'll throw in - Three legged thing. Relatively new company, UK based and a fantastic product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

You'd pick up a solid manfrotto for €250 if you really love them get a carbon fiber one for €450-500

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Tnx folks must have a proper look on the computer when I finish work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Farmlife wrote: »
    You'd pick up a solid manfrotto for €250 if you really love them get a carbon fiber one for €450-500

You can pick up a carbon fibre for cheaper than that if you look around. I picked up a set of Manfrotto 190cxpro4 legs for €250 on Amazon.de a few weeks ago. €100 for a decent Manfrotto ballhead so €350 all in.

If it's for landscape photography or something that involves a lot of trekking then I'd definitely recommend carbon fibre. I've made the mistake of having a heavy tripod and having to drag it around while out shooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

Manfrotto. Take one on those into a bar fight no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

• Advertisement
Advertisement