Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC Academic Transcripts HUGE PROBLEM

• 14-11-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi,

I just applied for my Professional Masters in Education in UCC. I just submitted the application and unfortunately I didn't realise until the application was submitted that I needed official university academic transcripts for the documentary part which need to be sent within seven days. The UCC website says 2 week's notice needed for academic transcripts :( I won't be able to do the degree which I want to do because of bureaucracy. Is there any big deal getting university transcripts? Why would it take so long?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Usually if you're applying to the same University as your undergrad - you do not need to supply transcripts. They will have internal access to previous results. (This is based on my own experience with NUIG).

I would suggest emailing the course director to clarify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Usually if you're applying to the same University as your undergrad - you do not need to supply transcripts. They will have internal access to previous results. (This is based on my own experience with NUIG).

I would suggest emailing the course director to clarify.

I understand that this may be the case for some programmes, but the applications are being sent to PAC by post who process the applications and if I don't supply the documentation my application will be deemed null.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Nicole. wrote: »
    Is there any big deal getting university transcripts?
    There wasn't for me. I rang my college, paid a small fee and they put them in the post before I hung up the phone. I suggest you ring them on Monday, explain your situation and see what they can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nicole. wrote: »
    I understand that this may be the case for some programmes, but the applications are being sent to PAC by post who process the applications and if I don't supply the documentation my application will be deemed null.

NUIG applications are also through PAC. Again, it's usually the case if you're applying to the same University - they do not need you to supply a transcript. Email the course director.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Thanks, the University will be supplying me with my transcripts in time because I landed myself in this mess. I have applied to more than one university so I just wanted to be sure that I have loads of options. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement