Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC Academic Transcripts HUGE PROBLEM

Options
  • 14-11-2014 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi,

I just applied for my Professional Masters in Education in UCC. I just submitted the application and unfortunately I didn't realise until the application was submitted that I needed official university academic transcripts for the documentary part which need to be sent within seven days. The UCC website says 2 week's notice needed for academic transcripts I won't be able to do the degree which I want to do because of bureaucracy. Is there any big deal getting university transcripts? Why would it take so long?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

Just go in to your university in person and ask for them. The 2 weeks probably includes postage out etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Finance Grad 2015

Did you apply through the pac website?
    As far as I know, if you're going from UCC undergraduate to UCC postgraduate you shouldn't need to upload your results.

But anyway, I had a delay in receiving mine from cit and the still processed my application once you put in your overall results. I just got an email to send on my results when I got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Did you apply through the pac website?
    As far as I know, if you're going from UCC undergraduate to UCC postgraduate you shouldn't need to upload your results.

But anyway, I had a delay in receiving mine from cit and the still processed my application once you put in your overall results. I just got an email to send on my results when I got them.

Yes, I have applied through PAC and UCC is my first choice. I should get it because of the grades I'm applying with but the PAC website says that my application won't be processed and will be deemed null if I don't submit these documents. I'm going to call into them Monday and see if there's something they can do, I'll try and get a letter with a statement of my results from each year etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Ucc have such a moronic process for transcripts. I went to ucd also, and you just get them online, immediately. I could print them now, if I wanted, years later. Why don't they move to such a system?

Sorry, just a rant, no help to you Nicole! :-)

Saipanne wrote: »
    Ucc have such a moronic process for transcripts. I went to ucd also, and you just get them online, immediately. I could print them now, if I wanted, years later. Why don't they move to such a system?

Sorry, just a rant, no help to you Nicole! :-)

No problem, yeah, I've seen that. I was searching just to see what the other universities were like for getting transcripts. I'll just add it to the long list of things which irritate me about them sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Finance Grad 2015

Nicole. wrote: »
    Yes, I have applied through PAC and UCC is my first choice. I should get it because of the grades I'm applying with but the PAC website says that my application won't be processed and will be deemed null if I don't submit these documents. I'm going to call into them Monday and see if there's something they can do, I'll try and get a letter with a statement of my results from each year etc.

I applied through pac, didn't send my results on for about 3 weeks. I only had to send them because I was changing university. It said somewhere on the pac website that results only need to be sent on if changing university.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I applied through pac, didn't send my results on for about 3 weeks. I only had to send them because I was changing university. It said somewhere on the pac website that results only need to be sent on if changing university.

I think that might be correct.

Yes, I have researched this more and what you guys have been saying about being an undergrad student to post grad UCC degree might be my way out. Here's the link which says so if anyone stumbles across this thread http://www.pac.ie/faq.php?inst=ck.

I will be checking tomorrow to see if I can get the documentation though because I'm not just applying to UCC even though it is my first preference, the others are just backups.

Update: I have to credit the UCC Records and Examinations Office for their handling of the situation, they are going to provide me with my transcripts in time because of the dire mess I landed myself in. I am applying to more than one university (just in case). Thanks everyone.

Advertisement