Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Complaint! Immediate response required

Options
  • 14-11-2014 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Eircom.
    I was originally signed up for eTalk and eFiber and eVision. Due to numerous issues including the eVision not being provided I immediately cancelled my account. 
    Let me be clear.
    I never used the land phone number or had a land phone. 
    eVision was never supplied and when I inquired I was told the offer was unavailable and would not be offered and I'd have to sign up to a far inferior offer. 
    I used the eFiber when I first got it on one occasion but due to the service I got when I inquired about the eVision I immediately cancelled it. This cancellation period was in the 14 day trial period. 
    I confirmed with the agent that I would not be charged anything and my account would not be deducted (as i had set up direct debit). I confirmed with him that he put a note on my account saying I had cancelled within the correct period and I wasn't to be charged.

I was then charged 19.69 for 2 weeks service. 
    I have been chasing this refund for weeks now. 

Astonishingly when I arrived home this evening (I work and stay away from home during wk for work purposes) there is a bill for 206.57. This includes 2 'other charges' of 100 for 'ECC for eTalk Off-Peak. 

I want this bill eliminated immediately and my original refund provided.

This is the 8 or 9 time I've had to contact Ericom and I have spent hours trying to resolve it. I am incredulous about the service for such a long standing Irish company. 

I am happy to provide my account number or personal number at any time to discuss this but there will be payments to Eircom for any request. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

Eircom - I am still awaiting a response on my issue. I am happy to PM account details.
    The phone number for the account was <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Jesper wrote: »
    Eircom.
    I was originally signed up for eTalk and eFiber and eVision. Due to numerous issues including the eVision not being provided I immediately cancelled my account. 
    Let me be clear.
    eVision was never supplied and when I inquired I was told the offer was unavailable and would not be offered and I'd have to sign up to a far inferior offer. 
    I used the eFiber when I first got it on one occasion but due to the service I got when I inquired about the eVision I immediately cancelled it. This cancellation period was in the 14 day trial period. 
    I confirmed with the agent that I would not be charged anything and my account would not be deducted (as i had set up direct debit). I confirmed with him that he put a note on my account saying I had cancelled within the correct period and I wasn't to be charged.

Astonishingly when I arrived home this evening (I work and stay away from home during wk for work purposes) there is a bill for 206.57. This includes 2 'other charges' of 100 for 'ECC for eTalk Off-Peak. 

This is the 8 or 9 time I've had to contact Ericom and I have spent hours trying to resolve it. I am incredulous about the service for such a long standing Irish company. 

I am happy to provide my account number or personal number at any time to discuss this but there will be payments to Eircom for any request. 
    Hello Jesper

I can confirm that if you were within the 14 day cooling off period you should not have been charged the additional termination of contract fees.

I will be unable to directly process a refund as a call to the accounts team on free phone 1901 will be required however if you would like to PM the associated eircom account number I will be happy to double check the status of the cooling off period at the time of request to cancel service.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

Jesper wrote: »
    Eircom.
    Let me be clear.

Hello Jesper

I can confirm that if you were within the 14 day cooling off period you should not have been charged the additional termination of contract fees.

I will be unable to directly process a refund as a call to the accounts team on free phone 1901 will be required however if you would like to PM the associated eircom account number I will be happy to double check the status of the cooling off period at the time of request to cancel service.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al,

I am continuing to receive texts/emails from Eircom saying I have to pay a bill. This is after a tiresome and stressful effort I allready had to go through with Eircom to cancel my account. Can you ensure this stops. 
    If it continues I will be forced to raise a complaint with the commission of regulations. 

Acc # 19120205. 

Bill Walsh. 

Advertisement