Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty wildlife cam

Options
  • 14-11-2014 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

I am having a problem with my Spypoint wildlife cam.The night time setting is not working.It takes a photo at night but the IR lights are not coming on to drown the area with IR light.I have replaced the batteries with new ones and still they do not work.I am now drying it out in case any dampness has entered it.Any suggestions wecome.It is about 2 yrs old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Keep drying it...I had a cam that was literally flooded out this year by rainwater and I thought was utterly kaputt.I had dumped it in the junk electronics pile here three weeks ago ,but decided to give it one last shot before cannabalising it for a decoy cam,and up she fired!!Put it back out this AM on a trail.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

I am having a problem with my Spypoint wildlife cam.The night time setting is not working.It takes a photo at night but the IR lights are not coming on to drown the area with IR light.I have replaced the batteries with new ones and still they do not work.I am now drying it out in case any dampness has entered it.Any suggestions wecome.It is about 2 yrs old.
    Get a big bag of dry rice and cover it up in a pot and leave it in the hotpress for a cpl of days,the rice will draw the dampness out,this system works well with water damaged phones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Thanks for replies but I must stress the camera is well sealed and no dampness was seen inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Ah !! What some people classify as waterproof,isnt up to Irish waterproof standards...:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

I suppose we get a lot of the stuff. Thanks Grizzly.

• Advertisement

Everything seems to be working better than ever.Thanks lads.Had it over a rad for a few days and it seems to have done the job.

Cam not working again.Will try the dry rice and see if it will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Minktrapper - where you based? If you're around Dublin at all then bring it in to me in Trinity and I'll have a look at it.
    The day job is in the Dept. of Electronics so this is bread 'n' butter stuff.

extremetaz wrote: »
    Minktrapper - where you based? If you're around Dublin at all then bring it in to me in Trinity and I'll have a look at it.
    The day job is in the Dept. of Electronics so this is bread 'n' butter stuff.

The other end of the country I am afraid but thanks for the offer. I am pretty sure it is a dampness issue so all I can do is play it by ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

hmmm... well don't rule out condensation. A few moisture packs thrown inside the case may also be of some benefit. Good luck with it anyways.

• Advertisement

moisture pack as in packs of silica

Advertisement