Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

learning how to tattoo

• 15-11-2014 12:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

Hi i am 16 and I am fairly artistic and I am fascinated by tattoos and would love to be able to learn how to use one can aneyone help me out on how to learn or where to get a starter kit that will start me off and what would I practice on I seen fake skin for sale for tattooing on the internet. and also what parts do you have to dispose of when u are done the tattoo like the needles. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,206 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If I were you I wouldn't be buying tattoo equipment until I progressed from 'fairly artistic' to 'extremely artistic' ;)

Keep drawing and drawing and drawing. Improve your abilities and get your draftsmanship up to an extremely high competency.

Only then think about the next level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Study art. Take an art diploma or degree. Work on your art as much as possible. When you've got that under your belt, approach studios with your portfolio of work and see if some will take you on and train you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Hi i am 16 and I am fairly artistic and I am fascinated by tattoos and would love to be able to learn how to use one can aneyone help me out on how to learn or where to get a starter kit that will start me off and what would I practice on I seen fake skin for sale for tattooing on the internet. and also what parts do you have to dispose of when u are done the tattoo like the needles. thanks

If only there was a person you could get answers from for all these wuestions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

If you buy a machine online and start tattooing at home, there's a sure fire way right there that you will NEVER be offered an apprenticeship. Don't do it.

Advertisement