Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

night out in Kilkenny

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

The World's End is not as bad as people think but it is a place that serves people who are refused service in other pubs or are barred from other pubs. It is not a place to recommend to people who are visiting Kilkenny.

The joke stopped being funny years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

FitzShane wrote: »
    Will be going to Kilkenny in a few weeks time, does anyone know of any pubs/clubs that do set genre nights? or even just rooms of clubs. Was looking at somewhere along the lines of deep-house/tech-house/electro. Would the Pumphouse be best suited for this, or is there others?

Depends when you are here. There are no regular house/techno night, but people put them on now and again. Sunday 7th December is the next event I know of. The Set would be your best bet for electronic stuff. Broad range of styles, no techno, some house. Different music on different Saturday nights though. There's also Billy Byrne's on a Saturday night, DJs playing all genres of music including some house type stuff. (Disclaimer: I DJ in both places!) Pumphouse has DJs on Friday playing all sorts of everything (again, me!) and on Saturday have a DJ upstairs (not me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Langtons,
    Matt The Millers,
    The Left Bank,
    Ryans,
    Paris Texas,
    Kytelers Inn,

You won't go wrong with any of these good pubs.

My choice would be Left Bank, Ryans and Kytelers. You can get good food in Kytelers as well

Advertisement