Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't like my course

Options
  • 15-11-2014 4:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I need advice. I don't like my science course in GMIT. I mainly took it for the employment propects and the decent money. My dream course would be a history degree in NUIG. But what kind of job would I get out of that? History is my passion but I really want a good job with good money. I am incredibly confused about the direction my life is going in and any advice would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I mainly took it for the employment propects and the decent money.

Did they not tell you at school to NOT pick a course because of reasons like that. 3/4 years of studying and then a career is a LONG time to do something you don't like.

History has limited options, you could teach it? That said, my brother did history as a degree and he's working for government now so, maybe it's what you make of it? Either way - life is too short to do something you dislike, particularly this early on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

History is one of the most common subjects teachers are qualified for in Ireland. It would be a nightmare trying to find a job teaching and despite media nonsense, I can guarantee you you won't get rich from teaching.

Advertisement