Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alarm expansion advise

Options
  • 15-11-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi Guys,
    I have a quantum 70 and all is good. We are getting a new extension on the house and I have the opportunity to expand the security cover. I will have 3 x wireless inertia sensors spare and could use them on some of the extension windows and doors. lets say I need 6 or seven openings in the end.

I could buy 6/7 x point ID sensors (€20ish) and wire them into the one input on the quantum.
    option 1 is more expensive and I may need 4 x inertia sensors (€70ish)...but no cabling and easy install.

option 2 is cheaper but I have to wire the lot. time consuming... but

altor, koolkid and others...

which would you choose ? a or b ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

If you are happy to wire them and are satisfied that the cables won't get damaged then go with the point ID's.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

I'd wire them if the option is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 monomer

Whats the deal with the pointID sensors ? how exactly do they work ? as in how does each one identify itself to the panel. any resistors required ?

documents or diagrams would be helpful. cheers

Advertisement