Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

went to the [Ireland's biggest event this weenend]

Options
  • 15-11-2014 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

there're some games going on, like LOL, street fighters... paid 20 euro for it, and what I heard the moment I went into the LOL room is, " anyone who want to join in the match please come up..." thought I heard others say before coming to the event that only who got the invitation can join in the match, but we who bought the ticket for it can only watch...
    don't know,,,just a bit different as i expected... otherwise, i went there...(*^__^*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Wut?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nanaxi

original words are:
    Ireland’s biggest esports event is almost here!
    BY RIOT DRAGGLES
    Mo chairde go léir,
    The Irish League of Legends scene is about to take a rocketjump-sized leap forward. To paraphrase our dear departed friend Ned Stark: WinterLAN is coming!
    Taking place over the 15th-16th of November at the O’Callaghan Alexander Hotel in Dublin, the event will host the biggest League of Legends tournaments to take place in the country to date, both an open and an invitational. Attendees can pick up a Spectator Day Pass for just €15 or a full Weekend Pass for €20. Here are some details on the prize pools and the teams that will be clashing for bragging rights in the Invitational.
    WinterLAN Open tournament prize pool for League of Legends:
    1st place: €650 per team & 9600 RP + Triumphant Ryze / player
    2nd place: €300 per team & 7100 RP / player
    3rd place: €150 per team & 4600 RP / player
    4th place: €100 per team & 2400 RP / player
    WinterLAN Invitational prize pool:
    €1000 split €700/€300 between first and second place.
    Competing in the invitational tournament at WinterLAN 2014:
    UNiTE Gaming
    Imperium Gaming
    Relentless Gaming
    Inforced Bears
    We couldn’t be prouder of the grassroots effort by G-LAN the organiser and what they’ve accomplished in the Irish esports scene in an amazingly brief amount of time. So to show our support, we’ll be attending WinterLAN to cheer on the competitors, hand out some free skins and and head onto Summoner’s Rift to play some games against the community.
    Christmas isn’t far away. Perhaps we’ll even see a player in the tournament lock in The Monkey King. Sing it with me now: “Wukong in a wondrous WinterLANNNN!!” (sorry, not sorry)
    For more details on the event, visit the official event website. Hope to see you this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Advertising isn't allowed on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Kirby wrote: »
    Advertising isn't allowed on boards.

The event was over from what I can tell his reply was more in response to my wut comment.

Advertisement