Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mercedes SLK 230 Roof not working

• 15-11-2014 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I've got a problem with a roof not opening correctly on a '97 Mercedes 230 SLK. When you press the switch, the boot lid opens fully and the latches on the front where it joins to top of the windscreen release but the roof doesn't move. It then can also be closed without problems. It can be operated in manual with no problems. I've read lots of forums and tried all they suggest to no avail. Is there an independent Mercedes expert in Dublin with experience of such a fault anyone can recommend?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

I can plug it into my Star tester and see if I can get a fault code. What year is the car ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭Andrew Campbell

Thanks Merc mad, I've already had the codes read and no stored faults, I suspect the switch/wiring in the roof latches but need a wiring diagram to confirm at the ccm

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Hi everyone, I've got a problem with a roof not opening correctly on a '97 Mercedes 230 SLK. When you press the switch, the boot lid opens fully and the latches on the front where it joins to top of the windscreen release but the roof doesn't move. It then can also be closed without problems. It can be operated in manual with no problems. I've read lots of forums and tried all they suggest to no avail. Is there an independent Mercedes expert in Dublin with experience of such a fault anyone can recommend?
    Thanks in advance

Hi

Try Slkworld.com lots of owners on there. It sounds like electronic switch. Did you check the fuses? They are usually very reliable once maintained, maybe one of the front latches are not releasing properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

imurdaddy wrote: »
    Hi

Try Slkworld.com lots of owners on there. It sounds like electronic switch. Did you check the fuses? They are usually very reliable once maintained, maybe one of the front latches are not releasing properly?

It's defo one of the switches have seen two or 3 of them in our place over the last while and I think u need to get it open manually first and the switch that breaks is on the drivers side if u open the boot with the roof down look up towards where the shock comes up and it's the switch there. U need any more info just ask

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

burke027 wrote: »
    It's defo one of the switches have seen two or 3 of them in our place over the last while and I think u need to get it open manually first and the switch that breaks is on the drivers side if u open the boot with the roof down look up towards where the shock comes up and it's the switch there. U need any more info just ask

I thiNk there's only 6 switches but you need to be positive you found the right one to keep costs down. Also the front latches sound like they are releasing but sometimed dont fully that would tell the next switch in the system to stop.

Also there is a relay on the side of the roof hydraulic pump in the right hand side of the booth, they are prone to fail.

Does the roof close electronically?

• Advertisement
Advertisement