Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading from Galaxy S3, which of these would ye recommend?

Options
  • 15-11-2014 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I've finally decided to upgrade my slow, glitchy, crap batteried Galaxy S3 but am unsure of what to go for. My budget would stretch to an S4 but not an S5 and tbh, with all the problems I've had with my S3, I wouldn't be overly keen to stick with Samsung. I don't like Apple so the IPhone is also out. I've been looking at the Nexus 5 and also the One Plus One but cannot decide which (if either) would suit my needs. Unfortunately, I can't afford a HTC M8 (my dream phone) or the LG G3. The main things I use my phone for are web browsing, playing games (esp mmorpg) and taking the odd photo. I will be going sim free so I won't be tied down to a contract. What would ye recommend? TIA :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I've finally decided to upgrade my slow, glitchy, crap batteried Galaxy S3 but am unsure of what to go for. My budget would stretch to an S4 but not an S5 and tbh, with all the problems I've had with my S3, I wouldn't be overly keen to stick with Samsung. I don't like Apple so the IPhone is also out. I've been looking at the Nexus 5 and also the One Plus One but cannot decide which (if either) would suit my needs. Unfortunately, I can't afford a HTC M8 (my dream phone) or the LG G3. The main things I use my phone for are web browsing, playing games (esp mmorpg) and taking the odd photo. I will be going sim free so I won't be tied down to a contract. What would ye recommend? TIA :D
    Nexus 5 - SIM Free, ordered online from Google and meets your requests perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

I'd suggest the One Plus One as friends and peer reviews have been positive about it despite teething problems (yellow screen cured by sunlight, asking ladies for **** fodder etc) and it has by all accounts a slightly better camera and much better battery than the N5.

Also, for someone named advertsfox, I'm surprised that buying an M8 second-hand hasn't been recommended like from Adverts. You might get a decent price for the S3 to put toward the M8 which I have seen go NIB for between €350 and 450 which is not far off the asking price of the other two phones. You'll pay the higher end of that if someone has a receipt which provides a warranty but you'll get your dream phone that way.

Advertisement