Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Buy now Pay Later help

Options
  • 15-11-2014 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, I'm planning on buying something using Argos' own buy now pay later scheme. The website is quite ambiguous and I just wanted to check here before I go in on Wednesday. Can someone who's applied in the last few months kind of outline what must be done? For example I'm not sure whether my passport and my say Student ID for UCC are enough to "prove" who I am. I'm a student with no steady income. I earn around 50-80 euro a week and will be able to pay it off easily before the six months are up but is that enough?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

I bought a camera in Argos a couple of months ago and you'll also need a recent utility bill - landline, gas/electric, etc. They also run an online credit check. The company that provides the loans for Argos is a British company so your agreement will be with them - there's tons of paperwork to fill out. To be honest I'm not sure what difference you not being permanently employed will make - they're quite helpful if you go and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jackmulcahy

Thanks! I'll head in there tomorrow and ask about it.

Advertisement