Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Titleist 915

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Again - I'm not seeing too many people with a 915 - how are they are going lads ?

Still are mad money.

I was given the chance to trial a second hand 915 3 wood with an upgrade shaft this weekend so will report back on monday. Wasnt fitted so will be a gamble as to whether the shaft is totally unsuitable or not; will try not to let it influence my overall opinion..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

Again - I'm not seeing too many people with a 915 - how are they are going lads ?

Still are mad money.

915d2 driver - all good. A good hit is no further than my 910 was, but hits off-centre definitely go further, quite a bit more forgiving. So average distance increased, but not distance on my good drives. Using same shaft as I had in my 910.

915f 3 wood - great. I love this club. Have it set to 4-wood loft (17.25 I think). Way easier to hit than the 913 I had before.

915 hybrids - nice to complete set, but have to say if I'm honest I don't find them any better than the 910 h.

Didn't buy any of the above new. Got fitted and then waited around for the shafts I wanted to come up. Paid 250 for driver, 120 for 915f and 100 for 915h

Re: the 915 3 wood, tried it on Sat and Sunday.

Quite windy both days so plenty of different shots/ conditions to work with. Seems to go quite low (for me at least) but that may have been the shaft influence (a stiff Miyazaki Indigo). What really was noticeable for me though was the feel, which was totally unlike my 910 5 wood. Shots felt dead coming off the face and I found it quite tricky to work out a decent strike from a very good one.

The clubhead is noticeable bigger than the 910 and the 913 3 woods so maybe that has something to do with it. It's a nice club, a forgiving club, but wouldn't be in a rush to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Must have worked well for you yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Got 913 Early this year and its great

Got 915 Fairway and Hybrid and love them.

The hybrid is the best club ever...Brilliant

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

newport2 wrote: »
    915d2 driver - all good. A good hit is no further than my 910 was, but hits off-centre definitely go further, quite a bit more forgiving. So average distance increased, but not distance on my good drives. Using same shaft as I had in my 910.

915f 3 wood - great. I love this club. Have it set to 4-wood loft (17.25 I think). Way easier to hit than the 913 I had before.

915 hybrids - nice to complete set, but have to say if I'm honest I don't find them any better than the 910 h.

Didn't buy any of the above new. Got fitted and then waited around for the shafts I wanted to come up. Paid 250 for driver, 120 for 915f and 100 for 915h

Did hit one and interesting that the off centre hits were noticably better - but couldn't see much of a difference in distance.

Good idea - didn't know you could use 910 - shafts in it.

As none of the new stock shafts are exaclty the same as the 910 shaft I have.

The weight and CT values are different.

Must have worked well for you yesterday

Took it out of the bag! Raingloves were the key on Tuesday, cant believe I only bought em this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

Did hit one and interesting that the off centre hits were noticably better - but couldn't see much of a difference in distance.

Good idea - didn't know you could use 910 - shafts in it.

As none of the new stock shafts are exaclty the same as the 910 shaft I have.

The weight and CT values are different.

I got fitted years ago for a shaft which has transitioned through about 3 or 4 drivers now, from Taylormade to Titleist. Never found anything I prefer, it's a Fujikura Rombax 6z08. My 915 came with an Aldila Rogue, which I didn't like. But I knew when I got it I had the option of going back to my old shaft.

The 910, 913 and 915 driver shafts are all interchangable with each other. The 913 and 915 fairway and hybrids are interchangable with each other too, but not with the 910 f&h's.

Well lads - after watching Rick Shields and every bloody You Tube video going and hitting it about 200 times - went and bought a 915 D2 (stiff diamana blue)

Was a sort of birthday present from her and me to me and all in all only cost 300 out of pocket (sold a 3 wood for 50, price 350) ( I say "only") - but held off this long as no way was I hitting 400 + for a driver.

First hole 280+ yards off the bat bang where I aimed - was delighted as an old duck hook at that price would be hard to take.

So I hit 5/7 fairways (1 bad drive hook left), - and you sensed off centre it does feel a much better outcome/straighter and longer.

Will take me time to know the difference - may be very little , but you would imagine there has to be something to slot/ARC technology ? It certainly seems to be a leap in technology for Titleist, but they say that every time.

So happy out - home course and time will tell - feels great , loud. but knew that from reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Well lads - after watching Rick Shields and every bloody You Tube video going and hitting it about 200 times - went and bought a 915 D2 (stiff diamana blue)

Was a sort of birthday present from her and me to me and all in all only cost 300 out of pocket (sold a 3 wood for 50, price 350) ( I say "only") - but held off this long as no way was I hitting 400 + for a driver.

First hole 280+ yards off the bat bang where I aimed - was delighted as an old duck hook at that price would be hard to take.

So I hit 5/7 fairways (1 bad drive hook left), - and you sensed off centre it does feel a much better outcome/straighter and longer.

Will take me time to know the difference - may be very little , but you would imagine there has to be something to slot/ARC technology ? It certainly seems to be a leap in technology for Titleist, but they say that every time.

So happy out - home course and time will tell - feels great , loud. but knew that from reviews.

One of the local pro's always told me titleist were more a players club (less forgivness etc) but he said the 915 is on par with the x2hot, thinks its much better than the 913

Bout time you got it aswell after all your posting :p

Agree dan - was just tormenting myself for last year.

Held out well.

I don't change equipment much at all.

And did have my best driving ever with 910 and scores.

But, I couldn't believe my ball flight when I practiced with 915 - then stood up and hit a draw, then a fade with it and went - ok I getting this (lol)
    But look, sometimes you need something to push you on too, confidence wise and a club can do that.

By the way - no way I was trading 910 - shaft alone could be called on - but nice feel to have a slighter less weight in shaft. I think new shaft alone has increased height.

Agree dan - was just tormenting myself for last year.

Held out well.

I don't change equipment much at all.

And did have my best driving ever with 910 and scores.

But, I couldn't believe my ball flight when I practiced with 915 - then stood up and hit a draw, then a fade with it and went - ok I getting this (lol)
    But look, sometimes you need something to push you on too, confidence wise and a club can do that.

By the way - no way I was trading 910 - shaft alone could be called on - but nice feel to have a slighter less weight in shaft. I think new shaft alone has increased height.

Shiny things are always nice too, and they're is the mental side that you want to practice more to get your money's worth.

I think they're was a similar trend on technology on the course aswell but you seem to get real use from the GPS on course.

Maybe you'll just buy loads of shafts now and we'll see more of this
    3rd shaft.

I know.

Still.

This is the one-lol.

Think I have a problem.

I joke, but seriously I do think weight makes a big difference to how a club feels mid swing

If I ever start changing shafts every few months - dan, here is the gun.

Crossfield is very dismissive about shafts all together.

Well he thinks it is a factor way down the list.

If I ever start changing shafts every few months - dan, here is the gun.

Crossfield is very dismissive about shafts all together.

Well he thinks it is a factor way down the list.
    ha, ill hold you to it :pac:

He was very dismissive of the the SLDR aswell until TM fitted him for it and he drove the ball alot better.

But no, I don't think shaft is the be all end all. I like a medium weight and definitely feel my swing is off with a heavy shaft. But its all feel for me, I've never swapped shafts on an launch monitor.

Advertisement