Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing the LC (new type of brain) (psyche question )(please help)

• 15-11-2014 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

Last year there was a exchange student from another country(non English) and she took higher level everything, higher level English,etc. she got 90%+ in every exam.

The thing is, it's like she's on another brain level. She reminded me of a psyche doctor.

I am willing to work my hole off,to have sweat coming out of it 24/7 and to try all I got into this LC exam. But how should I do it? Because for example, when I try to study and read the material, it's not going in to my brain.

When I try to learn the material, for me to learn a short key fact, I have to read it about 35 times and write out on pieces of paper in my own words and draw mini diagrams of what it means to learn just a tiny sentence point. And after that I can still forget it.

I'm willing to work that hard, beyond limits but for me even working my hole off beyond limits I can still easily just forget the material really easily.

I could spend an hour working my hole off to learn just 5 sentences and then after that I might be able to know that for a test.
    That's how it is for me, but how can I improve and keep doing it please?
    What can I do?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

What I'd advise you to do is find your learning style and use it to your advantage.

The students you mention above that can just read something and remember it are probably read/write learners. You might be a visual, auditory or kinesthetic learner. Figure out which one you are (there's several quizzes available online) and research your learning style to find the most effective methods of information retention. Maybe you need to make mindmaps, put sticky notes all over your house or even convert your notes to audio format. It all depends on your learning style.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dazzadazza

I'm interested in this exchange student. Could you give any more information? Like was she fluent in English? Did she do school work differently? How was it that she could achieve so highly?

As far as your question, maybe make/watch videos on material or record it and listen to it.

Advertisement