Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Feral/Semi Feral cats

• 15-11-2014 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm looking for 2 or 3 feral/semi-feral cats to live on my smallholding.

I've looked on the local cat rehoming websites but they all seem to be indoor cats looking for homes, and been in contact with the feral cat group on FB but can't seem to find any that needs homes in my area.

Anyone know of anywhere that rehomes ferals/semi feral/outdoor cats in the Monaghan, Cavan, Louth, Tyrone, Fermanagh, Armagh areas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Post on the Feral Cats Ireland facebook page. That's your best bet. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

There are lots out there, try calling local SPCA or rescues, they get calls all the time. It's hard for them to home them sometimes, so they'd be delighted to find someone to take a few.
    Shame I'm the other end of the country, I know of lots around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mine just arrived. Although this one i far too tame and friendly to be a true feral so I suspect he was dumped. Glad to have him as he keeps others away Good luck and your offer is so much needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 siminee

Hi, I have 4 female kittens, 4 months old, although they are not ferrell they live outside and are very good hunters. I am in Mayo area.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BaoisGlas

Thanks for your messages :) Mayo is a bit too far for us sorry. I've already been in contact with the feral cats ireland group on fb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 sarahc1

I have 2 semi ferals who I am looking for a home for. One boy, one girl, who are brother and sister and about 6 months old. They were born to a feral mother but are totally tame now. Ideally I would be looking for somewhere for them where they can be mainly outdoor cats, but allowed to come in for some attention. They like being around people and will come over to you, sit on your lap and purr. I don't know if this is what you want, and I am looking for somewhere like this for them, as they are nice cats. I am also looking for somewhere for them where they won't have to fend for themselves completely, i.e. they will be fed and given shelter of some form.

They have been neutered/spayed, wormed, have had flea treatment and have had their first round of vaccinations. They have also had a full vet check and are in great condition.

Let me know if this is an arrangement that would suit you. We'd be looking to come to your place to have a look at where they'll be staying first and for a very small donation to a Trap Neuter Release group in the area.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BaoisGlas

sarahc1 wrote: »
    I have 2 semi ferals who I am looking for a home for. One boy, one girl, who are brother and sister and about 6 months old. They were born to a feral mother but are totally tame now. Ideally I would be looking for somewhere for them where they can be mainly outdoor cats, but allowed to come in for some attention. They like being around people and will come over to you, sit on your lap and purr. I don't know if this is what you want, and I am looking for somewhere like this for them, as they are nice cats. I am also looking for somewhere for them where they won't have to fend for themselves completely, i.e. they will be fed and given shelter of some form.

They have been neutered/spayed, wormed, have had flea treatment and have had their first round of vaccinations. They have also had a full vet check and are in great condition.

Let me know if this is an arrangement that would suit you. We'd be looking to come to your place to have a look at where they'll be staying first and for a very small donation to a Trap Neuter Release group in the area.

Thanks

Where abouts are you based? The cats would have their own outbuilding with sofa and beds, food/water bowls in, with cat flap to the outside. I was ideally looking for ferals/semi ferals because of this reason, as not sure a cat that is used to living inside would be happy in the outbuilding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 sarahc1

I'm based in Dublin, but am willing to travel to ensure that these guys get a good home. That sounds like a good arrangement for them, they have never lived indoors, but are totally tame.

Advertisement