Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat Turkey 10km Run, 28 December 2014 @11.30

Options
  • 15-11-2014 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

This the the 6th year (5th for the run) of the Fat Turkey 10km Run & Walk which is held on Sutton / Howth Hill. This is a not for profit race with all proceeds going towards developement of Rugby at Suttonians RFC and the IRFU Charitable Trust.

AAI Permit Approved & Course will be accurately measured

Lead Sponsor:
    SuperValu
    Sponsors
    Challenge.ie
    Gallagher Quigley Estate Agents

Event Website
    Run Ireland Website

Route Map, Elevation, previous results, photos and all the details can be found on our website.

This year the WALK route and start time will be the same as the RUN. It will be all one event.

What you get for your entry:

Technical Running Tee Shirt
    Chip Timed
    Water aid station at 5km
    Water and fruit at finish line
    Tea, coffee & biscuits back at the Rugby Club for all entrants and supporters
    Prizes for 1,2,3 Male & Female
    1st Male & Female 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69

Heaps of support from the Fat Turkey Walkers who will be walking up the hill as you go up and down!

All info and the link for entry for the race can be found on our cheerful site Fat Turkey Run or register on Run Ireland.com

Race Organisers - fatturkeyrun@gmail.com

Rate This Race 3 votes

Scenery
    0%
    Organisation
    33%
    potsy11 1 vote
    Atmosphere
    33%
    potsy11 1 vote
    Value
    33%
    potsy11 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Did this last year - 5km uphill is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

Value
    born2bwild wrote: »
    Did this last year - 5km uphill is mental.

Mental as in good, right

or

Mental as in, mental toughnesss:D

Its Half Marathon Pace uphill and 5km downhill

• Registered Users Posts: 26 expato

This is an excellent run that is excellently run. I have done it every year and have no connection to organisers. Its a good test of the mental strength and it takes me about 2 minutes more than normal for the 10k because of the hill. Its nice coming down because there is great support from people going up. Beware of the bit of uphill on the way down which can be a nasty shock even though you are retracing your steps!! Plenty of parking around the church (normally) though I wonder how the 11.30 start will be affected by mass in the church. Am I right in saying it is normally a Saturday....could be wrong. Also beware when collecting your number in clubhouse that the car park opposite is pay and display. I don't go back to the clubhouse afterwards but have heard its very nice and festive. It is a great bone shaker of a run to shake off excess....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

I ran this last year, although I shouldn't have gone near it as I was ill leading up to it, and even on race day I was coughing and spluttering almost constantly. FWIW, my downhill stint was from what I can remember at least five minutes quicker than the uphill 5k, and my overall time was shocking. Overall it's a decent challenge, and I'd like to try it again some time when I'm in the whole of my health, but won't be lining up on Sunday. Good luck to all those who are.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

is there a 5k at this or is it only 10k?..tks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Bulmers wrote: »

Pretty sure only a 10k (not running it this year but have done it twice in the past). Not one for a PB!

Value
    Bulmers wrote: »

10km only

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

Anyone have any idea when results/times coming out?

Value
    DD Mikasa wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea when results/times coming out?

Provisional Results here

http://www.elitetiming.co.uk/Results/Fat_Turkey_2014.pdf

Value
    Final Results can be found here.

http://fatturkeyrun.com/results/

• Advertisement
Advertisement