Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Envelop Padded Case

Options
  • 15-11-2014 11:22pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As per the title i'm selling my Envelop gun case.

It is 52" long and while narrow with accommodate any shotgun/unscoped rifle, and most scoped rifles. The height of 8" limits the type of scope rifle. For example by CZ and other smaller rimfires will fit perfectly. My Remingtons will not as they are 9" deep. So please be aware of fit before inquiring.

I did a review on this some time back which can be found here. In the review you will see that the case is guaranteed for 10 years and actively absorbs moisture and locks it away from the gun. So a wet gun placed in the case will dry it and protective it from rusting. The covers are waterproof from the outside but also breathable; they allow moisture vapor to evaporate from underneath, so they reduce rust. They are the only covers that incorporate special materials to absorb condensation and water trapped underneath the cover, holding it away from the metal until it evaporates through the outer cover. In addition, long-life vapor corrosion inhibitors released into the enclosed atmosphere prevent oxidation. The four layers work together to reduce corrosion by as much as 90 percent over common covers

Below is a picture of two guns that were tested. The top one is the one stored in the Envelop case and the bottom one in a normal case. The results are astounding.

rust-comparison.jpg

I don't really want to part with the case as they are very hard to come by. I'm looking for €150 ovno. Anyone wanting to protect their gun, knows that the average case can run around €100+ and offers none of the protection of the Envelop. So it's a small price to pay to guarantee your valuable gun stays valuable.

As always, thanks for looking.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement