Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant for website?

Options
  • 15-11-2014 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up my own business. I need to set up a website so I've been on to some people getting quotes and that. One of the guys I was talking to told me that there's a grant available for new businesses for setting up their website.

Now he was a bit sketchy on the details. Told me to go to my local bank and they'd have the information. I've had a look on the enterprise ireland website and the LEO's website and can't find anything.

Just wondering if any of you know if there's such a thing? And what kind of grants are available for start ups?

Thanks,

H

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up my own business. I need to set up a website so I've been on to some people getting quotes and that. One of the guys I was talking to told me that there's a grant available for new businesses for setting up their website.

Now he was a bit sketchy on the details. Told me to go to my local bank and they'd have the information. I've had a look on the enterprise ireland website and the LEO's website and can't find anything.

Just wondering if any of you know if there's such a thing? And what kind of grants are available for start ups?

Thanks,

H

There are grants available. I can't find the info now because I'm on my phone but some web agencies will help you with the process. Have a look on the enterprise Ireland website, maybe under the R&D grants.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

I think there is a grant available if there is a selling function included in the site. I would suggest you contact your local LEO https://www.localenterprise.ie/
    They do courses for startups which can give you info on grants contacts and legal stuff you will need.
    Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I think there is a grant available if there is a selling function included in the site. I would suggest you contact your local LEO https://www.localenterprise.ie/
    They do courses for startups which can give you info on grants contacts and legal stuff you will need.
    Good Luck.

It's nothing to do with selling online, it's to do with expanding your business. Having a website is an expansion of your business, it's considered a 'virtual shop front' that opens more doors than having a physical office because you can reach a wider audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Duckett

Enterprise Ireland's Internet Marketing Unit (IMU) is focused on helping export-focused clients across all sectors to exploit the Internet as a route to market and to assist them in developing a strategy that will shape how they do business online. See Enterprise Ireland site for link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Talk to your local enterprise board and also to the business team in your bank
    There are quite a few different initiatives out there that you can use when you're starting a new business, but they change frequently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

Not sure what area you are in, South Dublin LEO have the following scheme to encourage eCommerce business - Online Trading Voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

They're called Online Trading Grants and are administered through your LEO. They started as a pilot scheme in Dublin and have now been expanded nationwide.

They will provide 50% of the funding. Contact your LEO for more info.

Advertisement