Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodsfone 3G 35pm plan v meteor 4G 39pm

Options
  • 16-11-2014 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Anyone any ideas which to for? Will be to use on the htc m8 phone,

I don't need 4G per se but I would pay an extra €4 just to have it. Trouble is I don't really fancy meteor as a network even though I live in Dublin and the coverage is probably grand, I feel I might have to turn mobile data on and off though as the meteor data allowance is only 2gb which I feel might be a bit skimpy for 4g

At least if I stick with Vodafone and the 3g plan I will have decent coverage everywhere and I can just leave mobile data on on their 1gb allowance. I have WI fi at home so I only use data for checking FB and maybe youtube on my daily luas commute

Anyone have any experiences on meteor 4g ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

I will slightly rephrase my question. Am I likely to have a better or worse experience of mobile internet on a phone with meteor 4g v Vodafone 3g?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

You will turn off data because it only 2GB but leave it on when its 1GB. 4G means faster speed. It doesn't use more data by doing the same things.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

But history does show that faster speeds encourage people to consume more data. I am using meteor and the speed in Dublin is superb but it sounds like you wouldn't be a heavy user so you are unlikely to appreciate the increase in speeds.

I went for Vodafone 3g.Maybe the wrong call I can notice pages opening slowly compared to my wi fi..it's only a slight delay nothing to fuss over .

I went for Vodafone 3g.Maybe the wrong call I can notice pages opening slowly compared to my wi fi..it's only a slight delay nothing to fuss over .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Did you sign up for Essentials Extra? You get 3GB for the first 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

you talking about this plan? it.s 31.20 online

Double DataOnline exclusive
    €31.20
    €39.00 In store
    4G
    400 mins/txts
    2GB
    1GB if bought in store
    Free Meteor calls & texts
    24 month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Zombienosh wrote: »
    you talking about this plan? it.s 31.20 online

Double DataOnline exclusive
    €31.20
    €39.00 In store
    4G
    400 mins/txts
    2GB
    1GB if bought in store
    Free Meteor calls & texts
    24 month

That includes a phone, the Vodafone plan is sim only?

Advertisement