Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Penneys Liffey Valley

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

aabarnes1 wrote: »
    That's true. However Tesco in Lucan is the the most inaccessible supermarket in the country that I know of, hidden away at the back of a housing estate.
    Tesco in Ballyfermot is merely a convenience store due to it's size and is very limited in it's product range, with perhaps the scruffiest and rudest shopworkers in Ireland.
    Tesco Clondalkin is a nightmare to get in and out of during the evening and on Saturday, plus they charge for he car park, I believe.

I asked the construction company what was getting built on the site, and they told me it was a Tesco.

I thought Tesco pulled out of this because of decline in their business?
    Tesco were doing poorly for a while but they've recently increased their market share again overtaking Dunnes as 2nd biggest retailer in Ireland behind Supervalu.  I'd say the improving economy, falling unemployment etc means more money for consumers to spend so Tesco has started ramping up expansion plans again hence the recent Swords new store and now this one in Liffey Valley.
    Hopefully it will be a Tesco Extra (like Maynooth) which would be great as they provide the largest possible range of products that Tesco can offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Its a Tesco extra - plans can be seen on the SDCC website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

ArthurG wrote: »

hi Arthur Have you got a link for it? i cant seem to find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Washout wrote: »
    hi Arthur Have you got a link for it? i cant seem to find it.

nevermind i just found it on the interactive map there was one application overlapping the tesco one.

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=6431&regref=SD12A/0014&r=SD12A/0014&l=&prop=&name=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,612 ✭✭✭✭L1011

To be honest I would rather see more shops open there than a boring supermarket.
    Or even something for kids, bowling alley, indoor crazy golf etc.

There is a bowling alley just about within walking distance. Zero chance of another that close

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

AMKC wrote: »
    Yes a Leiserplex at Liffey Valley would be great. Its still good to see the land been used do instead of looking like a disused dump. Hopefully a Leiserplex will be built there somewhere next

I'm really glad to see a supermarket going in for the local people's sake more than anything. They were sold down the river during when original town centre plans were corruptly shelved in favour of the current incarnation of Liffey Valley back in the 90's. Then snubbed again when pricy M&S was the only foodstore included in the centre itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Tesco LV will be fine for everyone as long as you have a car. Same goes for access to LV generally. A long walk from the bus on the N4, unless you are happy to do the scenic route around Neilstown first and end up (after having packed your sambos) at Penneys.

I bring my disabled mam there and have NEVER got a disabled parking space ever.

Not everyone has a car, or wants one. Some people forget that.

But anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,612 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm really glad to see a supermarket going in for the local people's sake more than anything. They were sold down the river during when original town centre plans were corruptly shelved in favour of the current incarnation of Liffey Valley back in the 90's. Then snubbed again when pricy M&S was the only foodstore included in the centre itself.

Pretty sure the planning for LV when it went in prevented a supermarket due to the potential damage it'd do to the various tiny Quinnsworths dotted around.

Entire planning process stank, as well proven by tribunals since. Clondalkin/Lucan was the worst provided for of the three "new towns" even if all had to wait improbable lengths of time for their town centres (Tallaght and Blanch were the other two)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Tesco LV will be fine for everyone as long as you have a car. Same goes for access to LV generally. A long walk from the bus on the N4, unless you are happy to do the scenic route around Neilstown first and end up (after having packed your sambos) at Penneys.

But anyway.

If you go to the M&S car park there always wheel chair spots free. We always get a parent spot there in the afternoon on a sat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

L1011 wrote: »
    There is a bowling alley just about within walking distance. Zero chance of another that close

Where is that located?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

AMKC wrote: »
    Where is that located?

Palmerstown. Beside the Supervalu and cemetary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Palmerstown. Beside the Supervalu and cemetary.

Its a very good one also. My kids love it. Also a bowling alley in Cellbridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

ArthurG wrote: »
    Tesco Extra are the small 'convenience style' stores. As this store will have an Atrium and 2 floors plus 550+ parking spaces, I think it probably belongs in the supermarket class!

But anyway.

Do you have a car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

aabarnes1 wrote: »
    Tesco Extra are the small 'convenience style' stores. As this store will have an Atrium and 2 floors plus 550+ parking spaces, I think it probably belongs in the supermarket class!

No, Tesco Express or Tesco Metro are the little ones. Tesco Extra are the really big ones like Maynooth and Naas. This one is going to be pretty big from what I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

aabarnes1 wrote:

The one in Naas is a Tesco Extra and it's the biggest Tesco in Ireland.

Bobsammy wrote: »
    No, Tesco Express or Tesco Metro are the little ones. Tesco Extra are the really big ones like Maynooth and Naas. This one is going to be pretty big from what I've seen.
    Ahh, I stand corrected. Thanks.

Advertisement