Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly tying

Options
  • 16-11-2014 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

The season before I won a comp with a nice fish I won a very nice fly tying kit with all the gear but I don't have a clue what to do last season I went to the angling expo in swords and got a few dubbings and a few Fritzs. I just ordered on irishflytying.com all I need to tie a few cats whiskers and a few zonkers I neeed a few for my stocky fishing around this time of year it just the brownie ones are very hard to tie I was wondering does anyone no a website with a pile of names of flys step step. I was also wondering what is needed to tie the blue dun and a kilinkhammer thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

Type "fly tying" on utube, and knock yourself out!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Dave mcphail on YouTube
    invicta wrote: »
    Type "fly tying" on utube, and knock yourself out!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spaniel heaven

As said above david mcphail is very good - tightlinevideo - techsecmedia just to name a few.

My advice would be search the individual fly you are looking to tie, different people tie flys in different way, just keep going until you find what suits you.

Also dont rule out tying classes, we ran children classes all last year and found that we needed extra space because most of the fathers present wanted a go.

It really helps if you can sit next to some one and be shown, theyl help you with all the short cuts that people like me learned through long frustrating winter evenings.

Advertisement