Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Celbridge - Ballyouster

Options
  • 16-11-2014 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,
    Myself and my husband are thinking of moving to Ballyoulster in Celbridge.
    Anyone have any feedback on what the area is like?
    Nearby schools?
    Traffic in the morning/evening? Etc.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Pullover wrote: »
    Hi,
    Myself and my husband are thinking of moving to Ballyoulster in Celbridge.
    Anyone have any feedback on what the area is like?
    Nearby schools?
    Traffic in the morning/evening? Etc.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated!

If your working in town your the right side of the bridge for driving
    Schools on that side of the bridge are St Patricks NS and Primrose Gate NS both on Hazelhatch Rd
    There is a new Community school due to open next sept in temporary accommodation which should be over that side of town but don't think it's been announced yet
    Other secondary schools are St Wolstans for girls or Salesian college for boys

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Pullover

Thanks kildarecommuter!
    Do you know how the area is? If there is ever any trouble there?
    Cant find anything online so presuming its a good area but if you have any input it would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Pullover wrote: »
    Thanks kildarecommuter!
    Do you know how the area is? If there is ever any trouble there?
    Cant find anything online so presuming its a good area but if you have any input it would be great!

I live on other side of Celbridge but have never heard any negative comments about Ballyoulster
    It's also handy for Hazelhatch station if you were thinking of commuting into city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I have family living there and its a quite area,its mostly made up of older houses that have newer ones built in there back garden area.
    I was looking at a house there that was built in the late 80s early90 but got warned off it due to bad building standards/foundations it was the only house in there i was told to stay away from

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Pullover

How long ago was that you were warned off it?
    Think this one had only been on the market about a month.
    Thanks for the details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Sorry about the delay replying,it was mid summer i was told to stay away from it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Worth noting that as they're nearly all independent builds on private sites any issue with one property would have no bearing on a different one in Ballyoulster (unless of course it's the same property!)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paddythe goat

mature area...1 mile from town....good footpath...busy road from celbridge to lucan...good bus route....close to rail line from hatch to heuston.....within a year or two will be going in to connolly....

close to intel and hp.....................

schools mainly on other side of celbridge..maynooth road and clane road....and main st.....

plans for new primary and secondary close to gaa club and tennis club....some works needed on small rivers /streams...running close by on route to liffey.....when sorted pp likely to follow....will be great for all students on that side of celbridge.....

celbridge narrow liffey bridge only dark point...if you wish to get to tesco.aldi..lidl....plans are afoot to widen bridge..but some of us are hearing that for over 20 years.....no proper footpaths on bridge...no cycle lanes....trucks/buses barley manage to get past each other...heard kcc have plans???? nice part of town...good luck

Advertisement