Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clancy Quay

Options
  • 16-11-2014 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Any thoughts on Clancy Quay in Dublin 8? Thinking about renting a one-bed there with my partner. Went there yesterday for a viewing. They have some pretty sweet amenities.....

Anyone on here currently renting there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

Bump....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Used to live in that area. Loved most things about it. You're very close to Phoenix park and the underrated Memorial Gardens. There's a lovely walk up the river from the gardens to Chapelizod.

There's also a good number of bus routes nearby but it used to be much better. Alas, they moved most of the routes onto the N4 when they used to be on Connigham road. There's one or two routes that stop directly outside the complex I think. Traffic-wise, it can be bad there when there's matches or concerts on in town and also in the mornings/evenings.
    Close to Heuston for the trains but if you're thinking of using the luas regularly, you'll probably need to use the bus as well. It's a solid 20 min walk.

The big con for the area is that there's no shop within walking distance. Unless you feel like playing Russian Roulette at the N4 junction traffic lights, you will need to drive to Kilmainham or Chapelizod for a pint of milk. That's probably the most important amenity and they just don't have it.
    For pubs, you also have to get the walking boots on. Ryans on Parkgate st. Old Oak in Kilmainham or the Villager in Chapelizod.

Anti-social problems are very rare but do be careful with bikes, etc.

Clancy Quay is a new development and all for rental so it can be a bit strange there. It's quite expensive in my opinion and even with a good chunk of empties, they simply refuse to negotiate on price. Some buildings are still very empty and people are coming & going the whole time. Bellevue across the road is much more mature and a good bit cheaper. Lots of individual owners so you have a better chance of doing a deal on rent. You also might even get to have the same neighbour from month to month.
    Some apartments have no blinds or curtains so privacy might be an issue.
    Also, avoid west/south facing apartments because with all the glass, you'll get to experience a greenhouse effect on even winter days!

Truthfully, I'd go with Bellevue every time.

Advertisement