Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD recorder for TV - DVR

Options
  • 16-11-2014 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Thought I'd throw this out there and see if anything catches you're eagle eyes.

I'm looking for a Hard Drive I can connect to my tv to play and maybe record movies etc, I currently hook up my laptop and play from that and find it great if a little cumbersome to set up each time, I'd prefer a box I could leave permanently with the TV and transfer my MP4/AVIs etc to. Preferable cheap and cheerful, I don't need 8 recording channels etc, just the ability to play and record.

Any ideas???

Thanks Jay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Assuming your to has a playback function, any hard drive or stick will do for playing back.

To record, you're going to need another box that has tuners built in & if you have cable that's another issue again.

If your to doesn't have playback capabilities, then a box runs from about €40 (hard drive extra) on eBay, right up to a couple of hundred.

You could use an old pc, install plex on it & have the full graphical experience

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

Thanks OU182, mostly I just want to play movies I have downloaded, recording would only from a (pretty full) Sky box, doubt the tv has a playback function.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Check Dunne's stores, they had 500gb external reduced to €20 and 320gb @ €16. May be hard to find at this stage but I'm sure there are still some about.

Advertisement