Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What tog duvet for a toddler?

Options
  • 16-11-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Our days of grobag will be coming to an end in the next couple of months. I have thought about keeping grobag beyond 18 months (I don't believe with my son's height we will make it to 18 months though) but I think it's time to put him in a bed wtih a duvet so what tog am I looking at?

Also where do you recommend I get reasonably priced duvet, duvet covers that are easily washed as I'll want a spare or two?

To add I have a stokke sleepi that will be used as his toddler bed too in case someone has found perfect non-stokke bed linen for it too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

We have an 18-3 yr old growbag got it in Tony kealys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Grobags go up to 18-36 months, keep an eye out in tk maxx as they regularly stock this size for €23! Or you could go for something like this http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+sleep-snugglers-25-tog-in-sleeping-bags+B7186 or this with detachable sleeves http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+-striped-toddler-jersey-travel-sleeping-bags-25-tog-in-sleeping-bags+b3364

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Thanks; I know that they go bigger but I have decided that our days will be at an end once he outgrows his current grobag size. I may regret it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Unless you want to move him to a bed then I'd be sticking with the grobag. Once it's gone he'll realise he can climb out of the cot and then it's safer to move him to a bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Unless you want to move him to a bed then I'd be sticking with the grobag. Once it's gone he'll realise he can climb out of the cot and then it's safer to move him to a bed.

He's already trying in a grobag which is scaring me! I was talking with friends and they suggested he might be ready for cot to be toddler need at 18 months so I'm sort of preparing for that. He tried to get a leg over the stair gate a few days ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We get ours from http://slumbersac.co.uk/
    They always have deals on and do up to 3.5 tog

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SarB89

Im using a 9 tog cot duvet for my boy but hes 27 months old and in a baby bed... got it from amazon its so warm for these cold nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I never knew grobags with sleeves existed! Added to basket!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Have a 10.5 tog on toddlers bed: she had a lighter one during summer. She's in a regular single bed since 16 months with a toddler side :)

Duvet covers: Harry Corrys have a few cartoon kinds so you can pick what they are into, Guineys, Homestore and more: anywhere really! Do get ones that they like though: we have a peppa one and that one is used way more than the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭ariana`

I use a light enough quilt, i'm not sure what tog, but i add/remove a couple of extra blankets depending on the room temperature at night. We got quite a few blankets as baby gifts so i love making use of them, and saves me having a Winter & Summer quilt.

Moved oldest into a bed at 23mths and no regrets, he was in it 7mths before he got out by himself without calling us.

2nd is now 25mths and no way am i moving him out of his cot ever... well maybe when he's 5!! He's a lot more adventurous ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 dimple_smile

We got a duvet, pillow and bed sheets for our little one from ikea and he loves it. He's warm and always looks so cosy. We were using a quilt before and he used to kick it off and wake up cold, his duvet is heavier and we now have to wake him up in the mornings :D and at 21 months old and out of grobags for about a year now he has not tried to climb out of his bed yet.

Advertisement