Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

midwifery placement in UCD

Options
  • 16-11-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys
    Just wondering for anybody studying midwifery did any one carry out their placement in Wexford? Or Is the majority carried our in holles street? How does everyone find holles street?
    Any info would be great :) X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ajch

Hey :)

just noticed you were looking for some info on UCDs midwifery placements

you generally have 11 weeks of placement after christmas in 1st year, all in holles street.

Then in 2nd year after christmas you have a 13 week placement and 6 of them weeks is in wexford or sligo general (although I'm sure the hospitals are changing this coming year!), 2 in St John of Gods and the rest in holles street.

Then 3rd year you start in Sept with placement for 13 or 14 weeks - if you don't go to JOG in 2nd year you will go in 3rd year, with 2 weeks (i think) in St. Michaels and the rest in holles street with a 2 week placement then after exams in may.

Then internship, your 4th year, is all holles street based and I'm sure starts after christmas of your 4th year in college.

Did you end up applying?!

Advertisement