Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago/New York

Options
  • 16-11-2014 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

I'm off to Chicago next week and New York for a week on the way back. Solo traveller. Any recommendations of must do things?

Obviously, lots of online recommendations, but interested to heard some boardsie ideas. I'm 31, looking to stock up on some clothes while I'm there seeing as men's clothes are so cheap. Willing to get up early to see the sights and do the cheesy touristy stuff. Want to experience the real Chicago & New York also, without spending a fortune.

Would also be interested in seeing a live tv show, but not sure how easily this can be done, given that there seem to be a lot of waiting lists.

Any recommendations would be welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ice30

The rockafella centre is spose to be better than empire state building "top of the rock" better views of the city nd all the rest, I had only heard this after I did the empire state building tour so Id didn't bother with it, ground zero is pretty good, the theatre district is cool to see ,time square, lively city alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

The architecture tour of Chicago is great and the city has some amazing buildings. You just take a cruise down the river and an architect will talk you through Chicago's buildings. They say Chicago is the home of the sky scraper. The tour might sound boring but it is fantastic! Gotham city in Batman is modelled after Chicago I believe.

There are mob tours in Chicago as well which are interesting.

Take a trip to the Willis (Sears) Tower. They have some glass boxes you can step into that hang over the side of the building.

Check out the Field Museum, Navy Pier and visit Cloud Gate (the Bean) in Millennium Park.

Have some deep dish pizza too if you like pizza.

Ohio street beech is nice as well.

Advertisement