Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dress for wedding

• 16-11-2014 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if I can get some ideas for where to go for a dress for a wedding at Christmas? I've looked on the usual places and am turning up nothing.
    I've gone to coast, karen millen, monsoon, Debenhams, Ted Baker, BT & BT2. Never knew BT was so expensive. The only dress I found that I considered trying on was more than a months salary for me.

Are there any boutiques around Dublin that would be good for this thing? I'm just running out of options fast.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

House of Fraser is good because it has loads of different labels and brands but wouldn't be anywhere near as expensive as BT.

Fran and Jane is worth checking out. Oasis sometimes has nice dresses. Topshop might be worth a look although personally I find Topshop the most over-rated shop out there, but the odd time there are nice dresses there.

Zara and Debenhams are also worth a visit.And if you're on a tight budget New Look always has a few bits that would work for weddings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

For a budget, I like Dorothy Perkins. River Island might turn something up too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try arnotts and house of fraser.

I'm not sure that oasis, river Island, dp and zara would really have anything dressy enough for a wedding really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Oasis have lots of dresses dressy enough for a wedding, if you go to their website, click clothing and then occasion wear,
    Warehouse also do a 'dressy' range spotlight,
    Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Have a look in miss selfridges!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

try Adverts, lots of Karen Millen, Coast dresses for a bargain and you can haggle.

jadie wrote: »
    try Adverts, lots of Karen Millen, Coast dresses for a bargain and you can haggle.

Great idea. Though the only thing is I'd very much need to try something on before buying.

Plus, I'm not necessarily on a budget btw, I'm just not going to spend a months wages (or more) on a dress that I'll probably never wear again!

Then I would try a Boutique- can get nice brands like Darcy and less chance that someone else will turn up in the same outfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Have you any dress in mind Gongoozler?

jadie wrote: »
    Then I would try a Boutique- can get nice brands like Darcy and less chance that someone else will turn up in the same outfit.

Yeah I think it might be better.... but what boutiques?
    Have you any dress in mind Gongoozler?

Not really. I suppose I just know by looking at them which would be ok and not ok. Heres a few examples of things I think I might like, and that might be ok
    One
    Two
    Three
    Four
    Five

• Advertisement

sorry don't know any boutiques in Dublin. Ennis is a great town for boutiques or Tralee but probably too far for you to travel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Definitely try Arnotts and Clearys. They stock a brand called Alexon - I've bought 2 dresses from there for weddings and everyone goes mad for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

There are some beautiful (and not too unreasonably priced) dresses in Retro in George's St Arcade.

The ladies in there are really nice and will show you different style that could work for you. Lots of 40s and 50s inspired dresses. I bought a beautiful purple halterneck there to wear to a college ball. It was €120, which isn't horrific for a nice dress. They wanted nearly a hundred more for an underskirt, so I just got that online for €30.

Advertisement