Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 15 or Pro evolution 2015 ?

Options
  • 16-11-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭

Now that both games are out think be a good idea to see what everyone thinks of them when there out and available and ready to be judged.

I have Fifa 15 since it was released on the us psn store and ive played a fair bit of it. For the most point i really like the game. Ive mostly played career mode and ive set it up to the point i really like how most games play out and i like the feel of it. Yes theres still the element of some times you want to smash the controller cause you feel you where robbed but i dont think thats going to change anytime soon.

From what i have played of Ultimate team it feels very different and im glad i have not wasted any money on it this year because you still get the same complaints at how frustrating it can be.

The presentation and look of the game is great and its always going to be a strong point of fifa the game modes are also good and theres plenty to choose from without having to spend the day learning how it all works.

The game still has issues with certain elements pace over powered threw balls etc but there can be ways around it.

Ive had pro evo since it came out couple of days ago. This game has been way off for years now and i gave up on it to be honest. I think its a shame because it was the game i went to back in the day and i really did spend hours and hours playing master league and with my friends i loved it!!.

The first thing i noticed about the game and its a trend with pro evo last few years is the menus and the set is so fiddly and clunky that you feel there trying to over compensate for something. Everything takes to long to load and this whole connecting to online constantly is annoying.

My club is a good idea is based on ultimate team but it falls short as a game mode. First of all theres no market you scout for players and what you find is based on the level of your scout. A good idea i guess depending on what your into. Again though there trying way to hard here with my club. The look and setup of it is complex and confusing i dunno how many people ive seen online who where wondering how to put a player into there team or how do i change formation..... Wait you cant you need a different manager for that :pac: see what i mean!

Im all for in dept modes in games its a great thing to have refreshing original detailed game modes to play but again you just feel like there trying to compensate for something they dont have here.

Master league is the same it hasn't really been updated in years now and it feels really outdated. I remember back when it was first introudced it played brilliantly it was simple straight forward and it was fun building your team into superstars while mixing in some of the old master league originals.

They need to fix how you make transfers and how you act on a day to day basis. One day they let you buy players then it skips right up until your playing a match next without even letting choose otherwise. I never understood why they did this.

The menus for formations player line ups etc are really old and awkward looking again they remind me of something from a very old game.

Obviously you still dont get all the real teams and player names but i never saw that as a massive thing so i can over look it.

I feel what lets the game down is the game modes there way behind fifas.

What makes that even worse is the fact the gameplay has really caught up and some will say its better then fifa now depending on how you like to play.

For the most part i really enjoyed actually playing the game. I will say i think fifa looks better but again not a major issue some will agree some wont.

The game does play well and it feels for the most part smooth passing is very good shooting for the most part its good but i feel it looks a bit odd at times and seems almost heavy.

Both games have there good and bad points with gameplay i think pro evo goes a bit deeper but i just couldnt enjoy it as much as i would of liked to.

It might seem like i hate pro evo i dont i just think its bad points are weighing it down big time personally and i couldnt over look them enough to want to keep the game.

For all the annoying little things fifa can do its still the better overall game when it comes to everything as a package.

Its good though that pro evo has improved im hoping both games will see this next year now and will think we need to up our game now!!

What pro evo needs more then anything is a major revamp to its game modes and how there setup because i feel if the game had this id be sticking with it but unfortunately its not enough yet.

Whats the best football game this year? 22 votes

Pro Evolution soccer 2015
    0% 0 votes
    Fifa 15
    100% 22 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Add a poll maybe? :)

I've played both, was enjoying PES but the commentary/refereeing isn't near as good as FIFA's, but I prefer the gameplay of PES.

On the pitch I'd choose PES, off the pitch I'd choose FIFA. I'll reserve judgement on which is better for another few days because I haven't got a proper feel for PES yet.

As a sidenote, PES seems very amateurishly finished compared to FIFA, I know the budget might be much smaller but they get some fundamental parts of the game completely wrong, which is inexcusable really. Some basic things, player overalls for example, are absolutely ridiculous. Kolo Toure is 83 overall for example, mad. This isn't a new problem with PES either, Maxi Rodriguez was something like 87 overall in PES 2011, and in PES 2010 (I think it was 2010) Charles Itandje (Liverpool's second keeper) had a higher overall than Pepe Reina iirc. Ridiculous.

And yes, as you can tell, I follow Merseyside Red. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Haven't played pes since it went to absolute sh!t a few years back but I'm interested in trying it now since it seems to have redeemed itself some bit from reviews, just not enough to pay the full price of the game. Have they returned to the fun arcade pacing and feel that the best pes games had? The reason I always loved pes more than Fifa was because of how fast it was and the control the players could have but then they tried to slow it down and basically fifafy it to be more realistic.

Srsly, I wanna be able to run the entire pitch with defenders and score screamers like I used to with puyol for Barcelona

Haven't played pes since it went to absolute sh!t a few years back but I'm interested in trying it now since it seems to have redeemed itself some bit from reviews, just not enough to pay the full price of the game. Have they returned to the fun arcade pacing and feel that the best pes games had? The reason I always loved pes more than Fifa was because of how fast it was and the control the players could have but then they tried to slow it down and basically fifafy it to be more realistic.

Srsly, I wanna be able to run the entire pitch with defenders and score screamers like I used to with puyol for Barcelona

There's an option now to change the speed of the game. I haven't tried it out yet but maybe that would give it more of an "arcadey" feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Can't post a poll now can I?

Traded pro evo in got gta so that says it all for me really.

I'll take pro evo seriously when they stop trying to be the cool outsider of football games!

In this day and age good game play ultimately makes a game but and it's a big but! Pro evo might have good game play and mostly play well but it's well behind in nearly everything else to the point it starts to feel cheap. It just doesn't hold me in long term because it's incredibly hollow once u get past the game play.

I'll take pro evo seriously when they stop trying to be the cool outsider of football games!

In this day and age good game play ultimately makes a game but and it's a big but! Pro evo might have good game play and mostly play well but it's well behind in nearly everything else to the point it starts to feel cheap. It just doesn't hold me in long term because it's incredibly hollow once u get past the game play.

Go up to thread tools and see if there's a "create a poll" option, maybe your thread is too old to add one though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

I would have thought gameplay was the fundamental ingredient for all gamers. I tried PES but prefer Fifa as a whole. This game gave me some hope for the future again but this installment was nowhere near refined enough to challenge fifa. I will however try again next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Ok. I've been playing this since Tuesday and here are my thoughts.

For anyone who mainly likes to play their footie games online against other players around the world do not buy PES 2015. Online is well and truly broken in this game.

The only mode I've been able to get the a match online is in the online friendly lobby and even that is a struggle. Constant "Unable to connect to opponent" and "Unable to join session" errors. Constant "establishing connection" messages on the screen. When trying the quick online match option the game froze on the search and I needed to reboot the game. It also gave me no option to cancel a search. The red circle button just flashing up now and again. Needed to reboot the game again.

When I did eventually get a game going it was for the most part lag free but there is a slight responsiveness issue with a pass or tackle taking a second to register after the button is pressed. This makes it a very frustrating experience online.

Offline and local multiplayer games don't suffer this responsiveness issue however and it's a much better game here. It's quite enjoyable but to me the whole tackling method is broken. Pressing x pretty much does nothing most of the time when attempting a tackle. I resorted to slide tackles in the end which timed right are good but I picked up plenty of red cards too.

The graphics are poorer than FIFA. Some of the player likeness are comical. The pitches look crap too.

The edit mode is a joke on ps4. To me the PES series needs a decent edit mode allowing uses create their favourite teams kits and crests etc and allowing them to share option files. I know Sony need to do their part here too but the fact the load option is even in the edit section is just teasing us as there is no emblem edit anyway so the best we can hope for with PES 2015 is an option file with correct names and Mickey mouse kits.

So I'll be sticking with FIFA again this year and playing great games online against real people about 30 seconds after the game is booted up.

Konami really don't know how to make an online experience work.

Offline, they're getting there but as a Merseyside Red fan like myself would say "Maybe next year is our year!"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Batesy wrote: »
    Ok. I've been playing this since Tuesday and here are my thoughts.

For anyone who mainly likes to play their footie games online against other players around the world do not buy PES 2015. Online is well and truly broken in this game.

The only mode I've been able to get the a match online is in the online friendly lobby and even that is a struggle. Constant "Unable to connect to opponent" and "Unable to join session" errors. Constant "establishing connection" messages on the screen. When trying the quick online match option the game froze on the search and I needed to reboot the game. It also gave me no option to cancel a search. The red circle button just flashing up now and again. Needed to reboot the game again.

When I did eventually get a game going it was for the most part lag free but there is a slight responsiveness issue with a pass or tackle taking a second to register after the button is pressed. This makes it a very frustrating experience online.

Offline and local multiplayer games don't suffer this responsiveness issue however and it's a much better game here. It's quite enjoyable but to me the whole tackling method is broken. Pressing x pretty much does nothing most of the time when attempting a tackle. I resorted to slide tackles in the end which timed right are good but I picked up plenty of red cards too.

The graphics are poorer than FIFA. Some of the player likeness are comical. The pitches look crap too.

The edit mode is a joke on ps4. To me the PES series needs a decent edit mode allowing uses create their favourite teams kits and crests etc and allowing them to share option files. I know Sony need to do their part here too but the fact the load option is even in the edit section is just teasing us as there is no emblem edit anyway so the best we can hope for with PES 2015 is an option file with correct names and Mickey mouse kits.

So I'll be sticking with FIFA again this year and playing great games online against real people about 30 seconds after the game is booted up.

Konami really don't know how to make an online experience work.

Offline, they're getting there but as a Merseyside Red fan like myself would say "Maybe next year is our year!"

:D

There seem so many people around that are afraid to say anything bad about this game basically because they want it to be like it was back in the day again!. Every year has been the same and now that the gameplay seems to be getting back to its best everyone is clinging to it!

No one seems to want to mention the game has many issues as well as improvements. Yet they will constantly crap all over Fifa and call it a ''broken'' game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

I'm glad I bought PES because it reminds me how bloody good FIFA is every time I play it.....everything about FIFA just blows it out of the water, a real sim v cartoony arcade......I'm on a PC so don't really know what you guys on console have but PES 15 on PC is just a horrible experience of a game

I only play these games online (AI bores me)......PES 15 on pc takes me back to dial-up of the late 90's ....from the out of date menus to never ending load up of screens connecting/establishing/loading data/live updates......clunky menus extremely clunky unresponsive gameplay, I leave a game if I can finally get one thinking that wasn't enjoyable......FIFA looks smarter it's quick online takes secs to get a game, gameplay is far far slicker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No one seems to want to mention the game has many issues as well as improvements. Yet they will constantly crap all over Fifa and call it a ''broken'' game.
    Not really, no football game will be perfect because different people expect different things. And some people will think PES has less things wrong with it than FIFA. Simple really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I voted for PES but personally I am very happy to have both games.

I haven't played PES online yet, because I haven't needed to. Playing a Master League on the highest difficulty level (Superstar I think) has been the most rewarding sports game experience I've had in years, and I mean that, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed playing a football game this much.

It's slow, but it's actually shockingly like real football. The off the pitch problems are still there, as mentioned previously, but none of that matters when I'm playing the game, and that means more to me.

FIFA on the other hand, I loved at the start, but the way the game is played is just obnoxious. Offline play in FIFA is just crap. Your team-mates are totally brain dead and leave holes everywhere, there is **** all movement off the ball, and EA Sports idea of making a game more difficult is to **** you over by making the CPU able to guess when you tackle as opposed to playing smarter.

The online can still be fun, but the game is so unrealistically fast. People who complain about PES being too slow have just been conditioned to think FIFA's speed should be the norm, it shouldn't. Build up play doesn't exist unless you go out of your way to waste time.

That doesn't mean I don't think FIFA is fun, I do, it's just that I've realised I want a more true-to-life football experience and for me PES is a clear winner in that department.

Advertisement