Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elf on a shelf!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

How about sugar-free Panna Cotta covered in dessicated coconut (ya know, snow :P)

Coconut jelly? (Maybe flavoured with vanilla as well?)

The no sugar is actually a good bit harder than I thought it would be, it's incredible how much sugar is in pretty much every treat!

I opened a bag from last year's US jaunt that I found stored "safely" today. I found an elf tshirt I bought Mr Mayo Gurl last year. So he has the t, elf boots and an elf hat. He'll be soooo stylish for NPB!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    I bought two of the EOTS reindeer. Does this mean I have a herd? In fairness, they are pretty cute.

What are the EOTS reindeer? I've never seen them.

I actually dislike how they've now got stands selling them in centres/malls. We've been doing it years & our kids are totally bought into Chippy visiting every year (he arrives at random times). They know all the rules & even the older ones whisper to him before bed.

We now have to avoid bringing them to the likes of Swords & Jervis to avoid killing the illusion. They should have kept it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 scalp

They get hives etc from sugar and bread. We do fry up etc on weekend anyways. Maybe the Elf could do something else? Ours is out two days and I'm taking a picture of where she is every day. I was thinking about making a skirt for her, or pretend she has made the school lunches, breakfast etc? I'm trying to think of ways to maximise the magic!

If you look on pinterest there are some hilarious ideas for things your elf can get up to.

• Advertisement

OU812 wrote: »
    What are the EOTS reindeer? I've never seen them.

I actually dislike how they've now got stands selling them in centres/malls. We've been doing it years & our kids are totally bought into Chippy visiting every year (he arrives at random times). They know all the rules & even the older ones whisper to him before bed.

We now have to avoid bringing them to the likes of Swords & Jervis to avoid killing the illusion. They should have kept it online.

They are new pets that have been introduced this year. Same set up as the elves, come in a box that doubles as a stable with a hardback storybook. The children are to snuggle them and pet them, unlike the elves, and the love makes them grow so that they are ready to fly away with Santa on Christmas Eve.

Advertisement